Would like a simple frontend to a command line utility

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by davistje, Jan 29, 2017.

1. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    #1 davistje, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Need a simple frontend script for this command line utility movdump -i inputfile1 -o outputfile -ref inputfile2
    So inputfile1 Should ask you to specify location and filename of a file, in this case it will be a Broken or Incomplete Video file
    input2 asks for a Reference file in this case a working video file that is encoded the same as inputfile1
    outputfile will ask where to save the repaired file and what to call it.
    I have literally zero programming knowledge otherwise I would obviously do this myself.
    Thanks,

T.

2. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #2 bear_aussie, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    so you want it to throw up two open dialogues and a save dialogue?

edit - having had a quick look at the vbscript docs (and found no easy/portable access to common dialogues) I think you'll need a powershell guru to help you. or try autoit or something like it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    Yeah if possible that is what I am hoping for. I thought maybe a VBScript might be able to achieve this but I can't find easy quick tutorial or one that I would find quick anyway. My limited experience in programming was 28 yrs ago and was QBasic in a gr. 9 computer class.

4. davistje

davistje MDL Novice

May 13, 2016
    Yeah thanks anyway it looks like the command line utility won't work anymore without a license. I just hate to dish out $70 CAD to have the program with its own Frontend. The program I was looking at using this for was the actual part of Video Repair tool by Grau GMBH that does the work. I use to be able to just use the command line utility to repaid mp4's that where incomplete or corrupt. Anyways thanks for your time.