This is no request thread! HP COMPAQ bioses, how to modify the bios?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Aug 6, 2009.

1. trinaandlee

trinaandlee MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
  2. Noob7

Noob7 MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    Need some help. I have a hp 550 laptop and i want to know if the bios can be modded for windows 7. Thanks

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bbx

bbx MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    hp compaq dc7600

any luck with hp compaq dc7600?

5. smarty

smarty MDL Novice

May 9, 2009
    Hi BIOS Experts, i have hp pavilion m7581in with XP Media Center installed in it. I wanted to know that if i mod the BIOS to SLIC 2.1 (if possible) to get windows 7 then WILL I LOOSE THE LICENSING SYSTEM FOR XP?
    Another question is that when i downloaded the updated BIOS from hp and when i extracted it, it was a .rom format but when i saved the current BIOS using winflash, it was in .bin format. I m now cnfused that which one is the BIOS file? If i would have updated my PC with .rom file had my PC been crashed though it was an original update?

6. moey

moey MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2009
    can you please post full info - i have searched everywhere and tried to follow several guides without success

7. TTAV134

TTAV134 MDL Expert

Mar 1, 2009
    #790 TTAV134, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. bynoe

bynoe MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2008
    HP Pavilion ZD8000 slics do not work

The cast version of the HP Pavilion ZD8000 slics do not work, could be programmed with other certificates?, Thanks.

9. biosflasher

biosflasher MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2009
    #793 biosflasher, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    SMBus and SPI are totally independent. The flashrom utility can talk to SPI (flash chip), but not SMBus (clock chip etc.).

There are multiple problems with the output above:
    1. You are using a flashrom version which is at least half a year old. That's ancient.
    2. flashrom doesn't find your chip. This could be caused by the ancient flashrom version, or perhaps your chip has an unexpected ID.
    3. Forced read on Intel chipsets can lead to skipped regions (this is a chipset limitation). You can't know that, but newer flashrom versions would have warned you.
    4. AFAIK you didn't report the issues above to the flashrom development team.

Please retry with a current flashrom version (straight from the flashrom svn tree) and if that one still doesn't find the chip, contact flashrom developers by mail flashrom _at_ flashrom.org or on IRC irc.freenode.net/#flashrom.

This command line can't work. See below: "flashrom can never write when the flash chip isn't found automatically".

Technically, it could write in such cases, but there were too many people who tried exactly that, ignored all warnings and killed their BIOS, and because of that this functionality has been disabled.

10. MikeGSM

MikeGSM MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    I cant get this working... Who can help me ???

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    What is not working?

You can not follow the steps?

sebus

12. tamarinde

tamarinde MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone received an upgrade kit for the 8510w/8710w.
    My cd only mentions the xx30 models.

13. MikeGSM

MikeGSM MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    I flashed the file in my BIOS.
    Than installed windows 7 from the HP cd.
    But its still not activated.

Sorry im new here....

14. groschi

groschi MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    Is there some news about???

15. obionenairobi

obionenairobi MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi,

I have made a big misstake to upgrade the BIOS of my 6910p to the latest version.
    Seems that this update switches the fan on all the time and oh boy I wished I could revert back the the old bios.
    I understood that it is not possible to re-flash an old BIOS version and that this is only possible when using a romPaq.
    For this you need a USB floppy drive - which I bought - and then during start up you can boot from floppy to restore.
    When I did this I choose update, I got a warning that I was updating to an older version and i confirmed by pressing F10.
    After this the update seemed to work however after a couple seconds I got a second warning that it might be dangerous and if I wanted to continue. I pressed F10 to confirm.
    After this I got an error that the disk could was not readable :(

Is there anybody that could help me get around this.
    I found below in a old text but I do not know if this is any different from what I have tried

16. asafsh

asafsh MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi, Im totally noob to bios mods.
    I have a HP Compaq V6000T (about 2 yrs. old) notebook with vista pre-installed.
    I did the following:

1. downloaded the HP bios update from HP site it comes with Swinflash utility for phoenix bios.
    2. updated my bios (no changes made).
    3. with winhex copy paste the updated mod and patched the bios.wph file.
    4. updated the bios again.

now everything seems to be working fine and the version reported by RW-everything is SLIC 2.1.

thanks for all the good job you guys are doing.
    now I just go ahead and install win 7 right?

Model: HP - Compaq preario V6000T
    Version: F.2D
    Released:2008-12-22
    Utility: sp42187.exe