[FAQ] Win 10, Installs and Upgrading.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mtrai, Jul 22, 2015.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
  2. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Not CRACK ! but here you go for an activator.

Download MTK from my signature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kop2299

kop2299 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    guys I have windows 7 Ultimate. I activate it with loader 2.2.2
    and I have a notification to get windows 10
    Is it safe to upgrade to windows 10 without any problem?

4. pkgoyal

pkgoyal MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2013
    #544 pkgoyal, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Hi
    I have upgraded to win 10 from win 7 which was daz loader activated.
    Checked on MS website it shows win 10 is activated with Digital Entitlement on this device
    And now created a USB using Media Creating tool.
    The system is running fine but with some small problems so want to go for a clean install.
    Before installation checked for motherboard drivers on biostar website and the drivers for win 10 x64 are not listed.
    can i go for the installation.
    What to do
    Kindly Guide me
    Thank you

Anyone ???????

5. nuhkka

nuhkka MDL Member

Aug 7, 2009
    So what's an easy way to pirate Windows 7/8 on a UEFI/GPT motherboard? Win 7 won't work since DAZ loader won't support UEFI and Win 8 there are no loaders.

I guess some motherboards enable legacy bios mode, meaning Daz is possible, but once you do the upgrade on that, will your Win 10 license stay activated through UEFI since it's the exact same hardware?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #546 Enthousiast, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Win 8.1 can be activated by kmspico (that i have tested sucessfully) and when you do a real upgrade it gets a valid HWID (after upgrading it stated to be activated by a MAK but after clean installing 10 it states to have a digital entitlement (HWID)).

Win 7 Ultimate x64 can also be installed on UEFI/GPT systems and be activated by Windslic and after upgrading it also will have a valid HWID.

A HWID established on MBR systems will also work when you switch back to UEFI/GPT.

7. azzarock

azzarock MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2016
    Question I have upgraded a win 8.1 home laptop with genuine licence to win 10 home all good. Can i use the upgrade key 366t to upgrade it to pro and still keep my activation and hwid?? Thanks

8. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    I want to upgrade another laptop that came with windows 8 home to windows 10 pro
    Im going to format the hdd and install windows 8 pro first and activate with kmspico. Im trying this route since is much simpler than downgrading to 7

My question is can you install windows 8 without product key? and does windows 8 kms activated gets a legit upgrade to 10 like w7 daz does?

9. Orgon

Orgon MDL Junior Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello
    Despite the incredible problems with M$ f**king upp 3 TB HDD, I am now going to upgrade from genuine W7 X64 Ultimate to W10 via the M$ download page (before it no longer is free).This, because the W7 SP1 upgrades eventually is no longer supported and my stationary machine is secured for the future as it runs on i7 (8 cores).DirectX 12 is a warm welcome as higher level gaming then is possible.
    Three - four years from now; i'll probably invest in the latest SSD drives for speed and performance and expand the space roughly to 50 TB; videos and photos are heavy and take up space :(.
    Prior to upgrade the backup is completed and if M$ no longer is such an asshole [previously the contact for activation keys that I have noted down on paper - no original receipt is available - is rejected deliberately by the support clerk so he could earn money from selling a new valid licence.Also, he did not want to accept the fact that M$ hijacked my then fully updated and working OS W7 X64 Ultimate that resulted in an entirely crashed the system disk :mad: :mad: :mad: :death:].
    So I'll give the upgrade from W7 X64 Sp1 (without any upgrades post SP1 as Chrome is now my preferred browser; Edge might be an additional alternative though?) a try now and hope for the best.

10. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Chrome sucks (see NSA features) Get firefox instead
    I already upgraded a UEFI laptop with W7 ultimate activated with daz to windows 10 pro and then performed a clean install, forever activated my friend :)

11. gdfsgdfg

gdfsgdfg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2012
    Patiently waiting for a way to upgrade from pro to enterprise painlessly like daz loader again :worthy:

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    uhh times up!

13. Slogra

Slogra MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
    Hey guys
    As someone who despises updates, forced ones even more so, would disabling windows update through services immediately after install be a good idea?

Or should I let it update and install to a certain point? Like a certain build that is stable and just stop there? How much of a choice am I given upon a clean install on updates?

I've read so much negative things about win 10 that im really scared to let it just update whatever it wants.

Going to use Win 10 Pro (If I decide to upgrade that is).

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most of what you've probably read was copy/paste others "experiences".

Win 10 has only 3 updates (at the moment of me writing this):

Servicing Stack (kb3176936)
    Flash for msie (kb3188128)
    CU (kb3197356)

15. Slogra

Slogra MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2016
    I see.
    But what about that anniversary update, will that be forced on me before or after those updates? If its forced do I have time to disable windows update in services between those updates?

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #557 Enthousiast, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    The aniversary update is not an update, it's the MSFT name for the latest official release 14393.0 aka 1607.

When that one installs thru WU it will be a complete upgrade.

17. bigmammapump

bigmammapump MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    Does anyone know, can Edge be installed as a stand-alone package (similar to Media Feature Pack) on a Win 10 edition that doesn't have it pre-installed?

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  19. bigmammapump

bigmammapump MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2012
    I am having some difficulties with understanding the process.

Suppose I am about to install Win 10 for the first time and I have Win 10 Enterprise image file. Correct me if I am wrong but this means I would need a volume licensing activation. Here is the first question:

• would MTK work for this kind of activation?

Going past that point of my concern, I assume I will have to upgrade my Win 8.1 first (which, by the way, has been activated with MTK) and this is where more questions start coming in:

• do I absolutely have to upgrade first or (assuming you guys have figured something out by now) can I proceed with a clean installation instead?
    • in case of imminent upgrade, do I run Win 10 image so it can connect to the Microsoft (entering me in their database) or do I run MTK first so the image can connect to the "Microsoft" (TK) instead?
    • in case it's required for the image to connect to the Microsoft and provide them with my data (hardware/OS/whatever they need), how do I know they won't invalidate my Win 10 upgrade or any of its following installations by checking this trash against the genuine customers?

Considering the installation will have completed successfully (and scary rumors I've heard):

• will Microsoft force me to make updates to Win 10 regularly and if so, how can I avoid it without my Win 10 being rendered inoperable after the deadline?

Thank you