WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Stanley83

Stanley83 MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2015
    Hello to all,
    i've downloaded the files form Git repo but when i run .bat file i get a message saying "devenv missing".
    Is available a binary release? What I need to build it?
    Thanks

2. Nandan47

Nandan47 MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2013
    Can anybody help me how to do this "SLIC" installation, i cant find the files needed to be downloaded as mentioned in the steps. Can anyone provide a detailed, step by step method to do this. Thanks

3. juggalo_user

juggalo_user MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2014
    I need a tutorial on how to use windSLIC too.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Nandan47 @juggalo_user

For the time being, stay away from it & use modded bios or KMS activation - wait for Daz's updated loader with UEFI support.

5. prashantsays

prashantsays MDL Member

Jun 13, 2016
    is he working on loader for UEFI?

6. YED

YED MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2014
    Will Daz update loader to UEFI.:matrix:
    In my opinion he should update it to UEFI, because most of the pc now & on will be based on UEFI. :sneaky:
    So, as far as we know Win 7 + loader => Windows 10 free upgrade. ie, life time activation.:clap:(by daz + Tito method)
    If this is still around, then Win7loader + UEFI will be a good help.:shisha:

7. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    #807 DjDiabolik, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Hi boys... i need some help and i have read some thread around here and i can understand how i can use:
    I have an notebook... an asus notebook stock whit windows 10. I have removed windows 10 and i have reinstalled windows 7.
    I have pick an iso (apparently it's an ESD iso... it's reported this in a .txt) and it's ultimate sp1........ i have used RUFUS to port this iso and a usb pen drive and apparently all working whitout any problems.
    Before to start the procedure...... from bios of notebook i have disabled the "secure boot" and from "advanced setting" i have set to use "Windows 7" and i have boot the pc by pen drive. At the request i have select to use UEFI boot and after about 20 minutes i have obtain windows 7 ultimate running.

But i have a problems........ the OS it's not activated........ on the pen drive it's present Windows Loader 2.2.2 by Daz... i have tryed to executed it but i obtain "Invalid Partition Table" and i can press on Install button.

I thinks i have make some errors during installation infact when i removed all 4 partition of Windows i have recreate a unique partition to install Windows 7 but another 4 partition (like the 4 deleted some seconds ago) it's been recreated and only i can select the partition 4 for install (a 462GB partition of 500GB of notebook hd).

Apparently windows 10 it's working whitout any problems....... but i can use Windows Loader (i thinks there's using a GPT partion right). I have read i can use Kmspico because this working only for profession or enterprice edition........... how i can use ?

I can use this ? If yes how it's work ?

Thanks in advance if you can help me............

*EDIT*
    I thinks it's useless... but look on this video:
    h**ps://w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0LyvXNF8o (remove/change the *... i can put link)

I can see a situation similar......... i obtain a GPT Partition and now how i can activate it ?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    #810 DjDiabolik, Jan 28, 2017
    It's the fist post but i don't found any usefull information here..................... i see it's possibly to use winslic but how it's correctly work ? I can read i need to reformat my pc..... i see i can backward to profession or enterprice but how i can do ?

Post so much info....

*EDIT*
    Meanwhile... i have already read the first post.... obsouly i can found a solution and i need to so much suggestion about this......

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @DjDiabolik

All of your doubts are cleared in that thread, all you need is read properly. Anyway, in your current situation, it would be better to go for a modded bios. What is the exact model of your laptop?

11. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    I have read the 4 post quoted on fist post..... and i have reach the GitHub.
    I have also read some page on Reddit and also other found by google and for UEFI/GPT for windows 7 i have found so many users say and confirm "WindSLIC" it's working......

I have reach the GitHUB and i have download the all folder to zip.... but at this point i can found a readme or somethings inside for know how it's work how i need exactly to executed :)

I thinks i need to executed "Install.bat" from "/Installer_EFI_bat/" but i'm not completely secure :)

Otherwise at this exact moment i don't have this notebook because it's not my but it's a my friends notebook and now i stay on my home to try to found a solution and i hope monday afternoon i can re-put my hands over it.

Meanwhile i need to goes to dinner and after i try to found on google some guide for know how it's correctly work WindSLIC :)

I have also found some post say and confirm i can use "Microsoft ToolKit" i need only to found the correct solution for my cause..........

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  13. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    #814 DjDiabolik, Jan 28, 2017
    And i already says all i already say... this first link of this thread it's totally useless............. please stop to repost ever and ever again.

*EDIT*
    I have reach all link on this first post.... and:

1) If it's possible i don't want to backward to Professional or Enterprice
    2) I can't reformat my pc right now...
    3) I don't found any usefull information how exactly usage of WindSLIC

It's useless to suggest again and again.........

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    what? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    #816 DjDiabolik, Jan 28, 2017
    it's "I repeat all that i said".....

*EDIT*
    Otherwise i thinks i have found how it's work and how i need to use correctly the WindSLIC from GitHUB.
    If i thinks i understand correctly i need to pick all file from Github... extract on a folder and run as Admin the "Build.Release.bat" and at end of this i thinks i obtain somethigs for complete usage of WindSLIC.

It's a my theory because i can't find a completely noobs tutorial how it's need to usage this WindSLIC source....

16. GhostofOrwell

GhostofOrwell MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Regarding:

Where can I find the installers and key_cert_installers.zip? I can only find the GitHub source, and I can't figure out how to compile it. I've used WindSLIC in the past without compiling it myself, so I know the installers and key_cert_installers.zip exist, but I can't find the download link.

If they no longer exist, can someone tell me how to compile from source?

17. DVK

DVK MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2016
    Hi all

Trying to activate Lenovo Ideapad 110. WindSLIC installed just fine. Now I've got 2 ACPI SLIC tables, one LENOVOCB01 - unknown version (the one from manufacturer), other from WindSLIC (tried all - Acer, ASUS, Alienware...). I have working Lenovo SLIC bin (lots of them actually, even the same CB01 - but v2.1) and matching xrm-ms. I've put it to the same dir as BOOTX64.EFI (tried EFI\WindSLIC too). No luck. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

18. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @DVK

WindSLIC usually can't patch existing incomplete SLIC tables properly. It's far more better for you to use the appropriate marker tool to unlock the existing SLIC.

19. DVK

DVK MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2016
    @Tito
    Thanks for advice. Tried marker tools. The marker.exe doesn't do anything useful, no matter the version. But Lvar.exe (for Lenovo G50-70) worked like a charm with Ideapad 110.