WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JayMonkey

JayMonkey MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2014
    Hi Guys,

Firstly many thanks for WindSLIC , i know thats its been around for a while and not in active development , i only came across it by chance while looking for a solution after i switched my windows ultimate install to Uefi booting.

I've got a Gigabyte system running both OSX 10.10.1 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

I use Clover as my boot loader. WindSLIC works great as long as i set it as the default UEFI boot option in the bios or manually select it using F12 (manually select boot device) during BIOS post

My question is i would like to add it as an option to Clover, Currently if i set Clover as my boot device it loads and runs OSX fine, but selecting the Windows entry causes windows Boot Manager To load without using WindSLIC ?

No matter what i try if i boot via Clover and select windows, Win-7 will run and load de-activated, the only way to run Win-7 activated is to boot via the bios straight into WindSLIC.
    Info on the use of WindSLIC with Clover seems to be thin so i'm hoping someone out there can help me.

Everything is installed on separate drives/SSD's

Sata Port 0 & 1 = 2 x 128GB SSD (GPT) set as Software Raid for OSX
    Sata Port 2 = 256GB SSD (GPT) Windows 7 Ultimate
    Sata port 3 = 2 TB HDD generic storage
    Sata Port 4 = 80 GB HDD (GPT) Boot Drive for Clover
    Sata Port 5 = SATA Optical Drive

Any help or advice would be most welcome,

Update: 15th Jan 2015

I solved my issue by renaming the raw gigabyte.bin file and injecting via Clover / AHCI/Windows and creating a custom boot entry - works perfect, real shame that WindSLIC is still not in active development, its the only thing that's allowed me to activate Win Ultimate in UEFI without resorting to custom BIOS, credit to the OP for this development.

Cheers
    Jay

2. fire_hr

fire_hr MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2015
    Hello! Just wanna say Thank You! You guys saved my ass!

3. lqy

lqy MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    Thank you, Thanks to Who contributed to this post.
    I easily activate Win7 using Installer_EFI_cli.exe, and then replace BootX64.efi with noarg version, place slic.bin and key.txt, upgrade system to 2012r2, and also activated. but i cannot run Installer_EFI_cli.exe in 2012r2, it return "system is not EFI".
    So the only way to active 2012r2 is install win7 at the first?
    sorry for my poor english.

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    It is a lot easier to use Enterprise and KMSpico.

Why mess around with anything else ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Because an OEM activation is better than KMS activation:
    -OEM activation = permanent activation. No issues with WU or A/V programs.
    -KMS activation = re-activation needed every 180/45 days max. depending upon the edition/sku used. Prone to issues with A/V and KMS emulators/services.

6. lqy

lqy MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    In 2012r2, I use EasyUEFI create a new entry, Type select linux , path point to BootX64.efiļ¼Œ and it works ! Thanks You!

7. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    In the key_cert_installers.zip file, the certificates of Lenovo, MSI and others are not there. How come?

Where can I get the certificates for Windows 7 SP1 (valid for all editions) of all brands of computers?

Thanks

Bye

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
  10. gruntparty

gruntparty MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    Hello Wonderful People of MyDigitalLife,

It has been a while since I have asked for help regarding this matter.

As of yesterday's windows updates, my efi boot is not working anymore and have lost genuine. I figured microsoft had written over my EFI boot file so I proceeded to rename BOOTX64.EFI and replace bootmgfw.efi in \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\.

This method does not work anymore for me and I am curious if other people are having issues using BOOTX64.EFI and booting into windows with activation. This happened after 2015/03/10 Windows Updates.

Am i missing a step?

-grunt

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  12. jamescantello

jamescantello MDL Senior Member

Oct 3, 2010
    What does this tool do, and if it goes wrong will it mess up my bios?

13. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
  14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #797 Tito, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    @balubeto

You're member from 2009 & asked almost same question numerous times!
    Code:
    slmgr.vbs /ilc PATH_OF_THE_CERTIFICATE\NAME.XRM-MS

Run it from elevated command prompt.

15. balubeto

balubeto MDL Addicted

Dec 22, 2009
    #798 balubeto, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    So, I should first run the installer and then insert the certificate with the above command. Finally, manually replace the Bootmgfw.efi file. Correct?

Thanks

Bye

16. badmanowl

badmanowl MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2016
    How do I uninstall this?

17. ribossomo

ribossomo MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2016
    Sorry for the dummy question, but i just can't find the certificates, where do I get them from? Thank you.