Windows 8.1 with Bing - AKA CoreConnected, CCSL, and ProfessionalStudent OEM images

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by murphy78, Sep 15, 2014.

1. BELNN

BELNN MDL Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Good evening. Help please, can anyone have the file .svf Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing ru-ru x86-x64

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    @khiang

svf link fixed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bakersfield

Bakersfield MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Help!

Retail laptop - Toshiba.

Language: NH

A) What language is NH? (Owner uses English U.K).
    B) Is there an (up-to-date) iso of this, available?

C) Malware on machine. Assuming recovery partition compromised:

Owner uses laptops inbuilt 'System Recovery' (boot menu - recovery partition - 'Reset your PC') when tech support is not to hand. Needs to keep this functionality.

I'm asking how this functionality can be maintained (via existing boot menu/current system), whilst 'sanitising' the HDD (inc. recovery partition) & reinstalling fresh from iso.

[Too much malware to consider anything other than 'sanitising' drive]

Sincerely grateful to all that contribute.

B.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Bakersfield

You've asked the similar question in many places - isn't it better to clear out your doubts first?

You're eligible for free Windows 10 Core (Home) digital entitlement, so grab the latest ISO, clean install without putting any serial, be online & activated for lifetime.

5. Bakersfield

Feb 7, 2012
    Thank you for your reply Tito.

The laptop I'm trying to repair belongs to somebody else (62 years old).

This person finally returned my call, and have decided they want to stay with windows 8.1 - they don't want Win 10. Until they communicated their preference - I had to prepare for either possibility.

With this in mind - and the decision finally passed to me - can anybody please help me find the correct iso for:

Language: NH

My gratitude to all those that have replied and helped.

B.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. Bakersfield

Feb 7, 2012
    Update:

Original media located - owner had them already, as the result of a previous technicians repair work but didn't realise what the disc were for!

My sincere thanks to all that contributed and guided me.

B.

8. crazykid09

crazykid09 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2015
    #188 crazykid09, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    can someone upload win 8.1 ccsl x64 english iso?tia.. spanish oem img link is dead

9. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. janis677

janis677 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2016
    Thank you i successfully recovered my dead Tochiba encore 2 wt8-b32cn tablet
    Formated all drive and recovery usb 4gb was no space and it goes dead.
    You need rufus, usb hub otg, mause and keyboard
    farmat it like gpt and fat 32 for uefi bios.
    Then you need Intel platform installer drivers and wireles lan drivers.
    After 6 hours windows start downloading updates.
    i dont recomend ebay usb micro usb hub its wery slow.:)

11. Dreadlock

Dreadlock MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2016
    Hello, I'm looking for a french version of Windows8.1 with Bing x64. Regards

12. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Please wait for the incident to be resolved

13. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #193 xinso, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    My genuine key of Windows 8.1 with Bing activates any newly created VMware Windows 8.1 with Bing .

Why?

14. sytro

sytro MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    Hi. Newbie to the forum here. Nice to see such an experienced group. :biggrin:
    I've read through the entire thread but can't find a link to (or torrent that is still seeding) the win 8.1 with Bing (CoreConnected) 64-bit iso in English.
    Apologies if I've missed it through the multiple pages. Can anyone direct me to an active torrent or current link please?

Very displeased that the manufacturers who get to distribute this for free want £45 to supply a recovery disk (fixing a friend's bust Toshiba).:mad:
    Thanks in advance.

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @sytro

You're eligible for getting a lifetime digital entitlement of Windows 10 Home - do you want to get it instead of 8.1?

16. sytro

sytro MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    #196 sytro, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Thanks for the super speedy reply @Tito.
    I thought that one had to redeem the free upgrade to windows 10 before the offer expired end of July? (as per ms' windows-10-upgrade-faq page)
    If that is the case - sadly my friend had not done that so would require the original version of windows 8 again?

Or are you describing a different provision where the BIOS-embedded key for win 8.1 with bing CC will work with windows 10 Home?

Also - if it were possible to upgrade for free, surely I'd have to have 8.1 (with bing) installed and activated so as to upgrade as the key wouldn't work with win 10 anyway?

Thanks again for your help.

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  18. sytro

sytro MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    #198 sytro, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Hi Tito,

Thanks again for responding.

When you say "make sure the pre-installed one is CoreConnected" presumably you're talking about the version it was shipped with? I can confirm that when I run 'ShowKeyPlus' on the laptop it lists the OEM edition as "Win 8.1 RTM CoreConnected OEM : DM" and has an MSDM key in the BIOS, however that's not what I currently have installed (which I why I need to get the right version on there so it can successfully activate).

Please can you confirm for me then...

1. I can perform a clean windows installation using the version you mentioned and I don't need to upgrade from an activated version of win 8.1 with bing?
    2. The version you are describing is "Windows 10 Insider Preview (build 14393)"?
    3. Which edition should I select? The list shows:
    - 'Core Single Language'
    - 'Client'
    - 'Education'
    - 'Enterprise VL'
    - 'China only'
    ... I presume it would be one of the first two?
    4. Also should I enter the windows 8.1 product key that was revealed from ShowKeyPlus when the installer starts up or should I choose 'I don't have a product key' ?

Thanks again for your help.

Update: Ok - I've just tried installing using 'core single language' edition of "windows 10 insider preview (build 14393)" as a fresh install, choosing 'I don't have a product key' ... When it starts up I get error code 0x803F7001 (We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. Go to the store to buy genuine windows). Should I enter the product key that ShowKeyPlus extracted from the BIOS? Many Thanks.

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @sytro

The update path is as follows: 8.1 CoreConnected => 10 Core; 8.1 CoreConnectedSingleLanguage => 10 CoreSingleLanguage. So you need Core SKU.

Choose version as 'Windows 10 Redstone 1 [Jul 1607] (build 149393.0)' & edition as 'Windows 10'. No need to enter any product key as the installer will automatically recognize it.

20. sytro

sytro MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    @Tito - Just wanted to reply to say a big thank you :clap: and confirm for any subsequent forum users that this worked a treat - Win 10 showed as activated with a digital licence on the Toshiba Laptop that was shipped with windows 8.1 CoreConnected.

So, can you confirm for me then - is the version you directed me to simply 'Windows 10 Home'?
    I'm a little confused as the file name was 'Win10_1607_EnglishInternational_x64' and when I'd gone to the MS site to download Win 10 previously it uses the same file name convention - so are these different versions? If the laptop had been shipped with Win 8.1 pro would this same ISO have built as Win 10 Pro? I'd like to understand what happened here! :g:

Many Thanks again for your help Tito - you saved my friend £45 and saved me lots of time trying to locate the 8.1 CoreConnected ISO (incidentally is that ISO actually still available out there?) and understand the best way to go.