Why we choose our usernames / avatars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Oct 29, 2010.

1. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    When I was a teenager I loved watching Johnny Bravo on TV and playing Street Fighter 2 on arcades! (thank you MAME for keeping my teen memories alive)... and PT is my country :D

2. Pantharen

Pantharen MDL Novice

May 27, 2015
    I have had the NN of Pantharen since about 1991, the name was created for the BBS System Nightline in Vancouver BC, the home of MajorMud.. in 1994 MajorMud was in general release, and Nightline BBS changed their name to DreamScape Entertainment.

3. salvadorp2001

salvadorp2001 MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2015
    My name and my kid's birth year.

4. Jamsnderson

Jamsnderson MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2015

great "A long story ... on another forum ... "The Bitch" :D"

5. gDrive

gDrive MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2015
    #165 gDrive, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Seeing as I have now got 20 or so posts under my belt here, I might as well explain why I have chosen my current avatar (correct as of 2015-09-27).

The reason as to why I have chosen this avatar, which is Re-l Mayer from an anime called Ergo Proxy is because even though I am not really a big fanatic of anime, I was actually on the lookout for music by an "indietronica" band called Iris and then I saw this particular video upload:

After seeing said video, I actually like the character design and I am usually a sucker for good character designs, especially when it comes to the opposite gender (sorry, I'm not an LGBTQ+ person), and seeing as Re-l Mayer was not only designed well, she also looks similar to Evanescene's Amy Lee, and bizarrely enough, this actually led me to watching Ergo Proxy from start to finish.

6. DixieKongJD

DixieKongJD MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2015
    I like Dixie Kong and my initials are JD. There you have it.
    I use Termingamer2-JD everywhere else, but I plan to change it in a few boards and use DixieKongJD on future registrations.

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Ok Jane Dixon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. NeverCleanARunningSystem

Nov 14, 2015
    Because I effed up my system encrypted with VeraCrypt and now seek help here

9. winmaniac

winmaniac MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2015
    I love OSes specially Windows and like to tinker with them.

10. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    MrG or DrG
    I chose MrG

11. bluebilly

bluebilly MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2010
    I chose bluebilly because they are the names of my dogs.

Blues: half chow. expert counter surfer. Would probably lay down her life for me.

Billy: Half Australian Shepard, half mystery. Old. Has trouble climbing the stairs. Loves my housekeeper more than me.

12. Tarwin

Tarwin MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    I started to use this username (though it is but one among others) when I had to use one and was playing Darwinia at the time, as that was taken I changed it to Tarwinia and then simplified it. It EVOLVED :p

13. nexus^6

nexus^6 MDL Novice

May 12, 2016
    I love Bladerunner and this character Nexus 6 played by Rutger Hauer.

14. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    I love Game of Thrones. Hell of a great TV show!!

Of course that doesn't mean I'm an "official HBO subscriber" :p

15. Juniper Phoenix

Juniper Phoenix MDL Novice

May 2, 2016
    My username is my name, conveniently, and my avatar I just thought was funny.

It's pretty simple.

16. jadinolf

jadinolf MDL Member

Jun 1, 2016
    jadinolf was easy for me.

It just happens to be the first letter of my first name and then my last name.

I'm not smart enough to come up with names like you folks did.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Mine is easy. I have always liked cats. And my name, which may look ominous to some, only means in German "friend of cats".

18. More as easy:
    mine cuz its just a temporarily account. ;)
    few days and Im out.

19. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Nothing is more permanent than the temporary. Thus, the few days have already lasted almost 3 months.

hehe :) yea, but the first 95% of time, i had no posts, created acc just for get access links.
    right now i just communicate a bit, but i will stop very soon i guess

i will come back with a real account then any time in future and keep it then over years as i already did with another.