What is the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Jun 9, 2013.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Asking if it came from your head alone and if so why the C sign isn't there - it would be protected from evil Easterners copying everything... :rolleyes::D:biggrin::D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Well as far as I know it came out of my head, which is why I posted it. If I google it I see nothing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bluesalt

Bluesalt MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2015
    As far as I know, the meaning of life is to keep alive and fresh:tea:

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    #224 R29k, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    That's called existing not living !

You know this is interesting, if we objectify life and turn it into a product to be consumed as opposed to a melody you're trying to understand. Then maybe the semantics change.

5. Bluesalt

Bluesalt MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2015
    But I'm now die and out, I almost lose my dream. I feel like a loser, beacause everything I do every day is just to keep myself alive. Life without fighting for a dream is meaningless:(

6. dyiliq

dyiliq MDL Novice

May 13, 2015
    I like this as a good first post in a new forum:

The meaning of life is to BE ALIVE. Which is to not be alone. For when one is alone, he is alive only to himself. AKA Dead. So be good to each other and thrive and laugh and fv<k to make more of you, so you can further solidify your population and thus your popularity. You don't believe me? Imagine being alone for eternity and tell me that isn't hell.

Rather, dream of a big party in the sky that lasts for ever and ever and ever, then make it so right here on this planet, in the sky.

7. Bluesalt

Bluesalt MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2015
    Welcome to MyDigitalLife:)

8. Tucktruck

Tucktruck MDL Novice

May 15, 2015
    If you got a dream, fight for it. That is the meaning of life.

9. zerobasha

zerobasha MDL Novice

May 20, 2015
    Life is fun and joy , excited moment and experience and learning from every single step we see while living,

Life is the wild living ,

Living in the city and following the 90 % of human ATM is not a life

The Gov's forcing people to be a legal slaves without their known .

Wakeup work , eat , drink , work , wait for your money , get married , have a GF , spend your money , Taxes , pay your bills , nothing left right after , few money we call it saving account ?

Do you think few paper that we have in the bank is money ?

Governments are Organised Mafia , the biggest one is controlling almost everything ,

Please guys don't stop thinking , it's fun to disagree with me i might be wrong ,

But there is no reason to live , EVEN IF YOU GUYS have all kind of tech , lot's of money , once we die , there is nothing but death so enjoy this BORING HIGH LIFE ,

F.IT...

10. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #230 Soulfate, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    What is the meaning of life ?
    I am sure that an artificial intelligence would ask us for it naively.

11. Soulfate

Soulfate MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    #231 Soulfate, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    It is funny because there are more definitions of the life than there are words in the even question ;)

By the way, this is my favorite definition of the life :
    The phenomenon of life is a molecular system, contained in an envelope, assimilating its outside environment to create its own substance.

So, the meaning of life could be the attempt of an alive system to remain an alive system (according to the previous definition). Note that you can replace "alive" with another word, such as "working" or simply "existing", but it's not the meaning of life anymore.

Applying it relatively to everything results in "the definition of something is to remain something". It's the universal rule of conservation. A poetic way of explaining that the reality has only one objective: to remain real?

12. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    "Life isn't about the number of breathes you take. It's about the number of moments that leave you breathless."

(not mine - but I always liked it)

13. xhsiao

xhsiao MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    When you are young, everything is so poetic. When you get older, you realize it's all bulls**t.

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    No offence but to me that sounds pretty crass as a principle...

"Don't happy, be worry" would be closer to my soul...

15. anxiousape

anxiousape MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    If you ever think you found the meaning of life, then remind yourself that you have been duped.

16. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Where do we come from, why are we here, and where do we go, no one knows.

Life is usually whatever you make it to be. However, not always, because no one has absolute control over every aspect, over everyone, and everything in their life and not to forget no one is all knowing. So all you can do is the best as you can and hope for the best. Which is why it is a good idea to live and let live.

17. loting

loting MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    The meaning of live is to share and create joy and prosperity as your fellow human being is either your brother or sister. Unfortunatly when I look at mankind I don't see a lot of kindness nor humanity.

18. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    For me, life means learning how to love because when you do, everything follows and that what makes our life meaningful and worthy.

19. vinceserious

vinceserious MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2015
    Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.

20. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Cold beer and pizza on a friday eve.
    What else should matter?