UpDown8 - Windows 7/8 Upgrade/Downgrade Helper

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Tito, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ZMOT7S

ZMOT7S MDL Novice

May 25, 2015
    #321 ZMOT7S, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. namor82

namor82 MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2014
    I want to Downgrader Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 8.1 Core. When I launch the UpDown8 he tells me I should launch the Windows 8.1 Core installer. I launch it and the installer tells me I cannot upgrade to 8.1 (core). how do I downgrade with this tool ?

3. windows.seven

windows.seven MDL Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on my laptop and fully updated. I want to downgrade to Pro since I have a valid license which I can now use. Can I downgrade with this tool and use the original Win 7 Pro DVD? Or do I need to download some latest Win 7 Pro x64iso? From where? I also have an AIO x86-x84 Win 7 iso and tried to run it from virtual drive but it does not run. Not sure if I can use this??

4. whylurks

whylurks MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2016
    Windows 8.1 with bing (aka coreconnected)

This is a totally different SKU that microsoft gives to OEMs for free to install on junk PCs. End users are supposed to be out of luck if they want to do a clean install (ugh microsoft...) "download your free ISO for your OS here (except for Windows 8.1 with bing -- you go stand in the corner, we hate you)"

Does this work on this OS version? By that I mean can I downgrade Windows 8.1 core to "Windows 8.1 with bing (aka coreconnected)"?

If not, just wondering how "what this program is designed to do" interacts with Windows 8.1 with bing (aka coreconnected)"?

5. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2014
    Hi boys... i have a little question:
    I have and ISO put on a pendrive of Windows 7 Ultimate and i know whit windows 7 ultimate it's possible to install all edition of Windows 7 simply deleting a files from iso.

I have installed used this pendrive this Os on a notebook when i can, apparently, only use and obtain a GPT partition and now i have not found anythings for activate it. I have also open a thread on other board and someone has suggest to used this tools to "downgrade" my ultimate os to professional and after this i can use a KMS emulator for activate the os but the question it's:
    - I can use the ultimate ISO to downgrade ? Or i need to re-download a Professional ISO ?
    - I can use directly the ISO files from HD ? Or i need to use the pendrive connected to a usb port ?

*EDIT*
    Apparently my question it's very similar to above maked by @windows.seven.....

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #326 Tito, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    (OP)
    @windows.seven

The latest MSDN SP1(U) ISO is good enough.

@whylurks

CoreConnected is unsupported - you need to do the changes manually.

@DjDiabolik

What is the exact model of the notebook?

7. l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t MDL Addicted

Dec 6, 2012
    Does this support Windows 10? Is it possible to downgrade from 10 Enterprise to Pro or Home?

EDIT:
    Just found this.

8. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    yes you can do a license-switch from enterprise to pro or inversely (1607,1703 and 1709) but you can't downgrade from enterprise to home.

9. nghiabros

nghiabros MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. nghiabros

nghiabros MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :haha:

12. SpotMachine

SpotMachine MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2019
    Is it possible to upgrade (downgrade) Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 7 Ultimate using this tool and without reinstalling the whole system?

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009

14. SpotMachine

SpotMachine MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2019
    I'm still confused about the whole process. I take it it works almost like complete reinstall, doesn't it?
    No way to switch from Enterprise to Ultimate with less invasive tricks like modifying Windows Registry or something?

15. Dennis George

Dennis George MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2020
    Hello Tito,
    I understand that it has been a while since there has been any activity on this thread. But I am hoping that you can help me out here. I have an activated Win 7 Enterprise x64 machine, that I am looking to downgrade to Professional. I have gone through the procedure listed in the readme file. However, towards the end of the downgrade process, where it is "Transfering files..." etc. it shows a quick blue screen and restores Professional. Have you encountered this issue, and/or know a fix?