[TUTORIAL] How do I get the option in the bios to enable vt at Phoenix BIOSes???

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by deevie, Jul 19, 2012.

1. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Can anyone please help me with this????? I have been trying to get vt enabled on this laptop for months now, and I have the laptop functioning correctly, but just need the updated bios.... I know yen sent me the link originally but I don't think they have been on here as I cannot find any posts that yen has made. Can anyone that knows yen get them to contact me???? Or any help of any other kind would be great. Many thanks in advance... Deevie...

2. FaraazStyle

FaraazStyle MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2012
    I also have the same problem
    I want to install mac os x on my
    hp dc7700 1gb ram
    Help :confused:

Bewerkingen ongedaan maken

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

I need to have a look if I still have a copy of my mod at home. Can do that @ weekend...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Ok thank you so much, it would be so very helpful if you could...I was worried you were not around anymore as I had not heard back from you....Just very busy I guess???? It would be great if I could finally get the vt option enabled on this laptop.... Anyway....Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it. Regards. Deevie.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I have updated the link at the original post #16. Please read carefully the instructions there and do not forget a bad flash might render your notebook useless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Hi Yen.... Just updated the bios via the download you sent......I can now enable vt....YAY!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help, you have been excellent with all your advice and instruction. I can't thank you enough and just wish there was something I could do in return???? I can now go back and install VMware and know that it will now work properly. many thanks again. Deevie.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You are welcome!
    You gave me something in return already. You have tried my mod and you have posted the results. This is all I need. :biggrin:
    Credits go to member kizwan and his great findings concerning to unlock features at Phoenix BIOSes. (We talked together about module compression and header info a long time ago.)

I guess I provide his instructions here at this thread again, so others can make their own 'unlock' Phoenix mods.

Enjoy your mod. :biggrin:
    Yen.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Link for instructions added at first post. A great tutorial written by kizwan. :)

9. tonystark

tonystark MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2012
    what, if any are the issues I should be wary of

10. arteus

arteus MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2012
    ty a lot for this..

11. itdude

itdude MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2012
    Has anyone tryed this on a Vostro 1510 yet? I have A15 Bios. But apearently while running Windows 7 not even with administrator privileges I'm able to download the bios to try and edit for intel vt
    :S

12. largirucho

largirucho MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    That such a fellow, the first being new salute, the latter I have an acer v3-571G 2.1 bios with this link

Please someone could help me to virtualize.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English

13. onetwo3

onetwo3 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2013
    it just has worked for me.. Ive flashed a few WRTG54Gs and Garmin GPS before and I know this laptop is qualified to run VT but it has no option in BIOS I might have to try this.

14. OOKAMI

OOKAMI MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2011
    Hello,

first of all, thanks for this guide :)

however, I have some issue :p

indeed, after exctracted wph file, i don't find RLS file you mention
    moreover, i don't understand your example to find the correct offset after found "Intel Virtualisation Technology"

so, some help will be appreciate :)
    i would like to unlock this feature and, if possible, all other

thanks and have a nice day :)

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Post a link to your original bios, then I can try to help you. Nobody knows which bios you try to modify, lol.

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  17. ronaldokinq

ronaldokinq MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2018
    You can use amibcp find where located vt option and set access level to user

18. Taikhoan

Taikhoan MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2019
    Hi all,

Today, I have a big problem about BIOS Supervisor Pass on Laptop Lenovo T440s.

Last week, I had bought for my son an old laptop Lenovo T440s, when I want to show him how to boot from USB then I find out that CMOS was disable all functions in here, after that I take it back to met technician in a shop then he told me that "sorry I do not know password" because this machine was disposal and imported from a few place. And now, I and my son uncomfortable feeling when we want to touch in CMOS. So, anybody willing help me how to unlock bios pass or tell me how to solve this issue. Thank you so much! Have a nice weeken