The Official Star Wars Thread...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Mar 9, 2016.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #1 timesurfer, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Hi to all star wars fans. I thought it would be fun to share, in a positive way, our favorite star wars stuff like but not limited to:

A. Clothing
    B. Toys (Old and New)
    C. Film clips (Short)
    D. Pictures
    E. The Force
    F. Characters
    G. Memories
    H. Outtakes
    I. Wallpapers
    J. Avatars

Here is my favorite wallpaper

[​IMG]

2. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    [​IMG]
    For me one of the most exciting moment in the new movie. :eek::worthy:

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #3 timesurfer, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    (OP)
    He really loves his Grandpa :sith:

[​IMG]

4. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #4 CHEF-KOCH, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Some interesting about the 'universe' called Star Wars with a little bit story ...

I feel good in you ... :eek:

Btw what's your favorite vehicle in star wars universe?

X-Wing ? Star destroyer ? Republic Gunship, Headhunter, Slave 1 ? Z-95, tx-130? Azure Angel? Fang Fighter ...

... my is X-Wing. :)

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. aJimNez1911

aJimNez1911 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2016
    Great Video

Oh my CHEF-KOCH, what a great video. I had to stop watching because I haven't seen Episode 7 yet and I felt spoilers coming up. I actually started watching the Star Wars series from Episode 1 recently with the intent of having a marathon. I fell asleep near the end sadly. :(

Loved your post, If I may add that Daisy Ridley is quite the heartthrob. :eek: I cannot wait to see Episode 7.

7. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Having not seen the latest episode yet, I do feel somewhat that StarWars has been hijacked by political correctness, in that the new hero of the story being a female. TV, Movies, advertisements and so on all portraying women as invincible warriors who's roles are to take the place of men as protectors and executors of justice and revenge.

Just last night the movie World War Z was on TV. Never seen it before so we sat to watch it. The main character (Brad Pitt) ends up in Israel and teams up with a female Israeli soldier. She's bitten on the hand by a zombie so Brad Pitts chops off her hand to save her from turning into a zombie. During the whole ordeal she never sheds a single tear. She's screams in pain sure, she winces from the agony of having her hand chopped off, but not a single tear?

Anyway eventually after their plane is overtaken by zombies and its crashes, they find themselves at a remote disease center laboratory. The only hope for humanity is if Brad Pitt can make it through the zombie infested facility to a special room that contains pathogens to inject himself with to trick the zombies into not eating him.
    So Brad Pitt, a scientist from the facility (he knows the way around the place obviously) AND you guessed it, the ONE ARMED FEMALE Israeli soldier armed with a baseball bat go into the facility to face off against a horde of flesh eating zombies ...
    Not the other males there in the facility, you know, males with TWO strong arms and strength to fight. No no no, but a one handed female armed with a baseball bat ...

Its kind of getting ridiculous these days. All power to the women and all that bollocks. Hell we have advertisements these days where the guy is in the kitchen with the kids and the women calls from the sofa and says "can you get me a snack" AS FKN IF!

I'm of the "older" generation I guess having seen the original StarWars at the movies when I was 8 years old. And yes, I left the theater that day completely convinced I had the powers of the force :p

I consider myself a pretty avid fan too, even have my very own "antique" Storm Trooper helmet that I got YEARS ago for a small fortune back then. Call me skeptical, but I got an awful feeling this new StarWars has been politically correctified with a female savior who will be kicking men's asses from Tatouine to the Dagobah system ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #8 timesurfer, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    (OP)
    This is ridiculous guys, star wars is something you like or don't. You haven't even seen the movie to truly comment, correct? Nothing about it is personal, you either like the spirtually based (The Force) SCI-FI action packed movies or you don't. Princess leia was darth vaders daughter and in charge of the rebellion. It's a story line not an attack on men nor should real fans be threatened by a female character who uses the good side of the force to save herself. We should be happy and supportive. Remember at this time in episode 7 there is only one Jedi left, Luke. If you we're in the movie as a character and a girl helped you or saved your life would you really pause and say, "no thanks I'm gonna wait for a male hero cause I can't trust women who use the force"...lol

I also worry that people might not like the African American guy for similar prejudice reasons. In the roll of Finn, I think he actually did a good job which is such a tough character to play that abandons the dark side and helps a rebel escape, etc... Imagine a storm trooper disobeying his commander and not killing innocent people. If anything in this world is for everybody it's star wars and it's so diverse it contains all ethnic backgrounds, wookies and aliens! We all share the force and unless theirs an episode like in the bible where eve is the dark side, hence women are evil and men must fight to take back the force then we should embrace the story line that includes men and women. During the whole 7th episode there is really only one Jedi left and we complain if another potential jedi appears, that's silly. Star Wars touched mostly boys back in it's days but it's for everyone. Do we really say "sorry honey, but star wars is a mans world, no entry for you"...lol It's better to not isolate anyone from aliens (yoda) to girls or dead Jedi ghosts like Obi-won!

Can we keep it positive guys and girls so this can be a fun thread not one that obsessively focuses on what star wars is really about. Can you really intellectualize some "hidden truth" about star wars, maybe? But it's way more fun to be one with star wars or the force, to fall into the movie and into ourselves and feel maybe deep down inside we do have magical/spiritual powers to overcome the dark side and it's captures. That's what the whole series is about. The pain of oppression and breaking free. It's not about some macho military bravado stricken men who with strong arms fighting. I mean look at Yoda, a alien midget, and his powers we're the greatest and he was very wise. Can we only give strong men credit for wanting to end the cycle of planets getting destroyed and slave armies being created to conquer the galaxy. If so Yoda :yoda: wouldn't exist and without the imagination which is what sci-fi is all about not so much as an escape but to delve deep into ourselves for greater ability within that we previously didn't have a moment before. Luke was just an ordinary boy before he met Obi-Won! I personally as a Jedi could use a cute girl Jedi beside me giving me support and a African American guy grabbing a light sword with no skills challenging Kylo Ren (The New "Vader" and son of princess Leia and Han Solo). And who better to be co-pilot to Chewy than Rey since Han is now dead via his son's madness having been seduced by the dark side. And Chewy gets along great with the ladies, remember his relation to Leia was pretty close. The whole movie is about Luke is hiding cause he felt terrible that Kylo Ren, his apprentice, turned evil. Luke felt terrible about that and gave up or he wouldn't have left the rebellion. Sometimes you have to go into hiding like Yoda did after the revenge of the sith killed all the jedi's even the padawon's :weep:

If we're going to enjoy something either real or fantasy or something in between then we got to put both feet in the water and get into it not analyze it to death and objectify it till it has no meaning or fun left in it. Star Wars is a place where as the smaller rebel side gathers the guts and sacrifices their own lives, not others, to free the force, not horde it for the dark side :sith: I'm glad there's two jedi's now and if there's a episode 8 I hope more are to come...

Let's keep it positive people and enjoy not destroy. Let's leave the dark side to destroy and be a model for fighting oppression and freeing the galaxy not putting it into an intellectual box of categories and judgments

"May the force be with everyone"

:starwars:

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #9 timesurfer, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi, people in charge :worthy:

Can there be consideration for these smileys to have fun with star wars?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    No bb-8 droid? Must be a trap. [​IMG]

Excuse me I need to destroy the dead star now ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] (seems difficult I thought he was bigger) ...

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I searched but couldn't find BB-8 smiley yet :weep:

Here is a new avatar for you instead :yoda:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Lightsabers. I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned lightsabers.

If I were to find a genie in a bottle - three wishes and all that. The obvious good health and lots of money on the first two wishes, but I would seriously contemplate owning a real lightsaber as my third wish.

Hrmm I wonder if I could combine a lightsaber with Jedi powers into the one wish? .... :starwars:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #14 CHEF-KOCH, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

:worthy:;)

14. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  15. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Love story of the universe ...

[​IMG]

16. aJimNez1911

aJimNez1911 MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2016
    "I love you"

"I Know"

hehe :biggrin:

17. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Found some interesting stuff:

[​IMG]

Maybe Luke's X-Wing on Ach-To? :dunno:

[​IMG]

Same place. :clap:

18. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  19. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep loved your post amazing dude congrats I don't see before :clap: