Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014

yep same here unfortunately :weep:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    You all chickens. Can't you just stop smoking with strong will power? :D

I just did that on various stages of my life. Just plain will power. In fact, I quit smoking 4 months ago, November 2016 or so.

Did I suffer? Yes, but I've learned to live with pain, at a least I try. Pain for a lot of things life brings on every human being.

If you're lifestyle, called job or private life, is pretty much stressful for you to concentrate on your will power then decide: either keep smoking and lower your daily dosis and accept the fact you might die due to cigarettes OR drop your current lifestyle and go for something a lot less stressful then you can quit smoking.

I chose the latter.

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Mr.X unfortunately NO, I already try several times I don't remember more:eek: maybe I can try electronic cigarettes who know i can stop this damn habit :sneaky::weep:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KingAlex

KingAlex MDL Junior Member

Mar 21, 2016
    For a long time I was into smoking. A total of 5 years. The last time I had a smoke of Marlboro Menthol was 2010. It was difficult at very I mean very....becauseI would have always the urge to light one. The office way back then also was crucial in helping me cut down. It banned smoking in the offices. And then the parking lot (from where all of the smokers were diverted-- ha ha I mean you could see the smoke from there even from a distance) and then as a last ditch effort for all's safety it banned it from the factory. From then my consumption dropped from 2 packs a day to 3 sticks and then my girlfriend convinced me to quit.

I was successful. But now I am addicted to coffee in replacement for the cigarettes. But I can now live with that.

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I've smoked for about 40yrs, I quit about 9 yrs ago and do not regret

6. nova2

nova2 Guest

drinking tea instead of coffee in the morning helps a lot...

7. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Try stopping gradually, cut a stick per day until you get used to not smoking anymore. Buble gum is also a good alternative..

8. kfu

kfu MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2017
    Yes ,smoke is bad to us.

9. kfu

kfu MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2017
    And it is bad to other people.

10. izumi88

izumi88 MDL Novice

May 9, 2017
    i stop smoking, guys

11. izumi88

izumi88 MDL Novice

May 9, 2017
    hello guys. I smoked about 5 years. But randomly stopped it. Recently I had pneumonia. In my work I felt bad and lost consciousness. My friend got taxi and took me to the urgent care clinic dallas https://frontlineer.com/ where doctor advised me to stop smoking, if I want to be healthy.

12. emk810

emk810 MDL Member

May 12, 2016
    The Evidence Is Overwhelming: Cannabis Is an Exit Drug for Major Addictions, Not a Gateway to New Ones

"Scientific data also suggests that cannabis may reduce some people’s cravings for alcohol and tobacco. For example, clinical trial data from the United Kingdom finds that subjects administered cannabidiol, an organic cannabinoid, reduces their cigarette smoking by 40 percent compared to participants provided a placebo. Data published earlier this year in the International Journal of Drug Policy reported that over ten percent of Canadian medical cannabis patients acknowledge using pot in lieu of tobacco."

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/evide...it-drug-major-addictions-not-gateway-new-ones

13. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I have never smoked before but some smokers are very embarrassing by subjecting non-smokers to secondhand smoking. It is having untold effect on my health. I try as much as possible to always avoid individual smoker who doesn't understand that smoking in public places is dangerous to the health of others.

14. cntext

cntext MDL Novice

May 26, 2017
    I can see many being struggling with this, and yet many successful in their combat. Good luck fellows!

15. YetiKick

YetiKick MDL Novice

May 10, 2017
    I used a combination of Champix (maybe different name in the US) and a book called Allen Carrs Easy way to stop smoking

16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi YetiKick :welcome:to MDL dude; well I can try Champix if I find in my country to end this bad habit thanks for share info :)

17. Crobrist

Crobrist MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2017
    Alan Carr's book has helped me and my girlfriend

18. netant

netant MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2011
    exactly the thing i wanted to tell OP. that very good book.

19. totalbeliever

Oct 22, 2015
    Find Your Reason. To get motivated, you need a powerful, personal reason to quit. Consider Nicotine-Replacement Therapy.

20. totalbeliever

Oct 22, 2015
    I don't smoke but according to few friends who decided to stop smoking, they do it little by little. They use candy for a substitute.