Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BADAN

BADAN MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2015
    I know a lot of people that started using snuff to get their fix of nicotine. Does anyone know what long term health effects snuff causes?
    My mother in law started using a vaporizer - seems to have helped her, but I must say I'm a bit sceptical.

2. Datamon

Datamon MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2015
    My wife has had very good success with Dan Candell, dancandellhypnosis.com/Services.html. I thought she was nuts in the beginning but his program was effective for her.

3. clairelv

clairelv MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2015
    you can do it if you really want...

4. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Hi, its really difficult to stop the habit of smoking. I used to see that with my Dad. However, you need maybe, to engaged into other activities or sports to make you busy. In that way, it can help you limit your habit to smoke.

5. blair86

blair86 MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2015
    My dad quit smoking years ago! He just did, no easy way. You have to realize it can be quit, you don't have to live it with your whole life. Fighting!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Vaporeon

Vaporeon MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2012
    For some reason I never picked it up despite everyone around me doing it. Some find it a lot harder to quit than others but they now all complain about wanting to quit.

7. Nasz

Nasz MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2011
    e cigarette is better than normal smoking?

8. hina1

hina1 MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2015
    If you have its habit,then you could stop it by eating chocolate when you feel its strong desire. Quit it thinking that you do not want to burn your health by its smoke. No No No Smoking et al. Keep it in your mind and always think Health is Wealth. Nothing is greater than health, Nothing is important than health. It is your enemy not your friend.

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I tried e-cigs for a while. Made my chest hurt, my mouth hurt and my teeth hurt. I also started getting rashes on my body. I tried different liquids PG/VG combinations and such, just wasn't for me I guess.

Still got a TON of e-cig equipment too. About 10 different high-end vap devices, hundreds of dollars worth sitting in a cupboard gathering dust ...

Eventually I switched from "normal" cigarettes to RYO organic chemical free tobacco. Smartest thing I ever did. Okay, I know, smart would be quitting, but if your gonna smoke, I would say chemical free organic tobacco is the way to go.

Personally I smoke Auld Kendal Georgia/Virginia tobacco, which I buy in 50g pouches, but I mix it with a 10g pouch of Auld Kendal Vanilla flavored tobacco. It gives a nice mild sweetly smell and taste to my smoke that makes it really enjoyable.

Absolutely craps all over a regular cigarettes and I would never smoke anything but chemical free tobacco that's for sure. Another fine quality tobacco I like is Manitou Organic. Its very close to regular cigarettes in taste and feel, but can be a bit pricey and hard to get - very popular.

There are lots of options for smokers in the chemical free organic tobacco market, with tons of flavors to choose from if that's your thing. I've tried Cinnamon, Blueberry, Coconut, Cherry/Vanilla, Peach, Blackberry, Strawberry, Liquorice = YUK!, Rum = YUK! and a few other flavors I can't remember.

I don't know how people can smoke say a peach flavored tobacco 24/7 straight. I enjoy some of the flavors but straight is a bit much for my tastes. A slight hint of vanilla in a nice organic tobacco suits me just fine. RYO = Roll Your Own, is the way to go. (If you can't quit of coarse) :p

11. Gyagram

Gyagram MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2015
    Will power, determination is the key to do all thing, this is what i believe in

12. Nepoleon

Nepoleon MDL Member

Feb 21, 2016
    If you take it seriously, you will be successful without any doubt. Just give your best in trying to quit and nothing is impossible when you think its possible.

13. Sko0b

Sko0b MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2012
    yep,true. For me i use Gum or toothpick, works well so far.

14. Tarwin

Tarwin MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    It's an addiction which makes it hard. Some people have a genetic predisposition to becoming addicted which makes it harder. My roommate who is a psychiatrist says that addicts almost backslide (I think he exaggerates a bit). What you could do is try first is reducing the impact. Vaping has less chemicals than a cigarette so it should be safer from what I understand. For some people weaning themselves off tends to work, for others it has to be cold turkey.

Whatever ends up working for you, good luck!

15. johnseward

johnseward MDL Novice

May 30, 2016
    last cigarette i will not smoke today more :p

16. jaheen100

jaheen100 MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2016
    I have started trying to quit the past 3 days also and I am truly scared. I am going to the doctor this morning to talk about this terrible addiction I have to cigarettes. smoke build-up that needs to be cleaned out. I have tried quitting before, several times, with no success.

17. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    No problem here, I can stop any time I like, as I'm not a smoker in the first place.

18. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I quit smoking...

10-20 times a day. ;)

19. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    My "count" as you put it is reduced. I used to be a 3 pack a day + smoker.
    Sure.
    You just want me to gradually choke the living **** out of some moron who desperately deserves it, don't you ?
    Smoking is cheaper in more ways than one, but thank you for your concern.

20. markste159

markste159 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2016
    Please consult with Doctor to take a proper treatment.