Stop Smoking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by floonoIdeogue, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2015
    Try to find a person stop smoking together.What is more, the most important thing is to make sure you are determined.

2. Blooddrunk

Blooddrunk MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2014
    Keeping distance from your friends that smoke, for at least a couple of months help a lot. I'm doing the same.

3. jasoos

jasoos MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Last night one of my colleague got suspended due to smoking

4. beebull

beebull MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2015
    skate hard, smoke weed

5. Spokane9

Spokane9 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2015
    Smoking is bad for our health. And you must make up your mind.

6. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    #286 RawData, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    After 44 years and 8 months smoking i decided to try electronic cigarette.
    Before the longest period not smoking was 52 hours 10 minutes.
    Now it's been around month and a half with e-cig only.

It looks like this the working way (for me) to stop smokin. :oxydul:

Edit: Still working for me after almost 6 months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pickysound

pickysound MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    e-cigarettes do work and kinda take away the craving when u can't smoke a real cigarette

8. MentalPatient

MentalPatient MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2015
    There is no one method of that works for everyone. It's just a matter of time, as you know, most smokers try several attempts.

Eventually you get fed up and quit, regardless of what you try.

I tried the little computer, cold turkey, gum, etc... What worked for me was the patch, mainly because I was fed up and done with smoking...in my mind.

Things like gum or the patch are nice in that they do supply the nicotine while you break the habitual part.

9. OllieTim

OllieTim MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2015
    Na bro I like a good spliff now and then. bit of the pure grade m8

10. leedaz

leedaz MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2012
    Ending up in hospital with pneumonia forced me to stop, that was 10 years ago, (aged 38), now I notice I never get ill any more, no coughs and rarely any colds... I can't believe anyone can AFFORD to smoke cigs these days, so bleedin expensive. Pneumonia, whilst not recommended, was a blessing in disguise for me... You only get one go at life, look after your health, and while it might be difficult to stop, doing so will only be good for your wellbeing. Try patches or E-ciggies, but willpower is the most important.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Are you sure? Humankind evidently smoked 600–500 before Christ already (Maya shamans...)
    Not that I say smoking is healthy.....just questioning your statement. It depends on how much one person smokes and only smokers are affected, not the entire humankind......:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I agree that smoking is bad. But what makes it worse is the 1100 additives that cigarette manufacturers put in cigarettes to "enhance" the nicotine transport mechanism.

Take a look here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2424107/

IMHO, to quit smoking, one needs to "kick" the additives first, then work on kicking the nicotine addiction.

:MJ

13. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    All these nico sprays, pills, strips, gums are complete BS. All these therapies and stuff too. All that it takes is YOU. YOU ARE YOUR BRAIN. you started, you have the responsibility to cold heartily refuse to suck on the poison stick without even thinking about "how i am going to make it without the poison stick. all these "i'm addicted, uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms, i need e-cig, gum,spray..." arguments are just excuses. IF YOU REALLY WANT YOUR HEALTH BACK, YOU, ONLY YOU HAVE TO DO IT. it's childish to b|tch about withdrawal symps. and this comes from someone who smoked a 20 pack + 4,6 joints per day for about 3 years....then suddenly stopped all together WITHOUT ANY NICOTINE SUBs and successfully being smoke+thc free for a year now. I know it's almost unbearable at first. but I DID IT. all it takes is a strong heart. not sprays and therapies. I only smoked for 3 years, it's very hard for the long term puffs....but again,all it takes is not being a pu$$ee

14. ft@t@lk

ft@t@lk MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    while I agree that in the end all it takes is YOU, for me I still needed a little help from Champix to get me going....once I stopped taking the pill, it was all me....I just celebrated 2 years since my last puff and I definitely don't miss it and don't intend to go back

it's nice to be free from the shackles of tobacco

never thought I could do it but I've proved myself wrong

15. Hecate100

Hecate100 MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2015
    Been smoke-free for almost two years now.

What helped me stop is rolling my own. Without all the ultra-addictive additives in the chemical sticks, first to go was the wall-clawing desperation when I was out of cigarettes. Yeah, I wanted more, but it wasn't an insane drive. I started reducing the amount I smoked without even noticing after that, and then the day came that I just didn't want them anymore.

Good luck to all who are trying to quit! You can do it, I promise! :clap:

16. xhsiao

xhsiao MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    Finally quit about 2 years ago after my 2nd son was born. Finished the last pack and quit cold turkey. Stayed far away from smoking buddies for a while. Now I can breath!

Now, whenever I see people smoke, I think to myself "how could I be so stupid back then?!" I started when I was about 15 to be "cool." IT'S NOT COOL. IT'S STUPID.

17. Stewox

Stewox MDL Junior Member

Nov 22, 2013
    #297 Stewox, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  18. dredamz

dredamz MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2013
    If you really want to quit smoking you can. There is no 'but'... :tasty:

19. uniQ168

uniQ168 MDL Junior Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Quit smoking a year ago. This was the best decision in my life!

20. Sklipnott

Sklipnott MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2015
    My dad Mr.X stop smoking and relapses :p