SOLVED: I want to receive an SMS from a coupon site w/o giving them my info

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by dougwa, Jan 26, 2017.

1. dougwa

dougwa MDL Junior Member

Mar 6, 2013
    #1 dougwa, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    So Betty Crocker Coupons wants to send me a text with a confirmation number before
    they will let me print their coupon, but I don't want them to have my number. (I don't
    EVER want these ad people to spim me with unwanted texts.)
    textum.com says they'll let me send a text and receive a reply to same, but that won't
    work for these coupon sites; for that I have to give them a number and receive a text.
    Is there any way to keep my personal number out of their servers? I don't mind
    giving out my cel's number to a remailer if there's such a thing as a trustworthy one...sl

2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Usually there is an UNSUBSCRIBE with any email you receive. Betty Crocker is a major company, and you shouldn't have any issues with unsubscribing. You can also add to spam filter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Glad you found something that works for you dougwa, If your o.k. with the advertising for the service then great!