[Solved] Asus ROG G46VW laptop downgrade W8-->W7Ultimate-x64 activation issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tex Arcana, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    Okay, let's get the "yer stupid!","dummy!","RTFM!","RTFT!" comments out of the way...

...There! :)

Now to the gist of the problem:

I got this very nice laptop from a friend a couple years ago, preloaded with Win8. HATE Win8. Couldn't even get it to restore to OEM (friend deleted the partition somehow). KInda lived with it for awhile. Decided recently I had no real need for it anymore, so I'm selling it to another friend who's in dire need of a replacement laptop; but he will NOT use anything above Win7. I, confident in my ability to install W7 with Daz (successfully on a couple of my own machines), figured it would be a simple process...

...NOT. :-/ My old copy of Win7 (from this forum) with Daz wouldn't even boot, lovely BSOD.

So, with help from y'all and the Asus ROG forums, I managed to do it. I had to download a new version of Win7+SP1, from the forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/60681-Windows-7-SP1-Media-Refresh-Download-Links]Windows 7 SP1 Media Refresh Download Links(link removed 'cuz I don't have enough posts, dammit), installed it via the UEFI/GPT method, and it installed just fine. However, my mistake may have been to plug in a key found in another thread *during install*, and ever since it won't activate, giving me first "you are not activated", and then "error 0xc004e003 key already in use", after a couple of alternative key tries.

As far as I can tell, this laptop does NOT have SLIC: any attempts to inject the key/OEM code via elevated cmd just fail; running SLIC Toolkit returns a "Dump Error (SLIC Table Not Found!)" message.

I've looked all over looking for solutions, and tried a few from here, the ROG forums, and other places (recommended here and elsewhere), and NOTHING is working. At the moment, my eyes are crossing, my ears are smoking, and I think I'm getting a rash in an unmentionable place. :-(

I *know* the minds here at MDL can come up with a solution (if one hasn't already been found that I couldn't find due to piss-poor google-fu). And I do appreciate y'all's time and efforts!

Thanks in advance!

Tex

2. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    How to properly request for a bios mod

3. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    Sorry, but I didn't exactly request a bios mod. Honestly, I'd rather not go that route, because of the risk. Besides, everything I've seen tells me that I do *not* have a SLIC BIOS, which *should* obviate the need for a bios mod... shouldn't it??:confused:

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Calm down & see this thread. A SLIC modded bios is the easiest solution in your current scenario.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tex Arcana

Tex Arcana MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2010
    Problem fixed, thanks to Serg008 and a BIO mod. Thanks, bro, and everyone else on here for y'alls time and efforts! :cheers: