Six reasons against buying the new iPhone 7 (Plus)

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Katzenfreund, Sep 9, 2016.

1. achat

achat MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2017
    Back in those day's they made school desks out of asbestos

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    #42 smallhagrid, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Yep - when confronted with valid, historical FACTS:
    The best possible response (from some...) is to toss around nonsensical BS.

'Back' around 2000 would seem like the age of dinosaurs to anyone who was still in diapers WAY back then !!

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @smallhagrid: I have to agree with you. The post you quoted is about the stupidest thing I've heard come from a poster...ever.

And you're right. Apple was entirely Motorola up to and including the Mac 1. (Monochrome)

These days, Apple is a status symbol. It's mediocre hardware with watered down functionality and minimal expandability.

In my mind I couldn't justify a purchase like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. atoxique

atoxique MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    #44 atoxique, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    @smallhagrid -

Apple designs the product and then gets other companies to manufacture it using other companies parts. Dell does this too. So does Acer, HP, Samsung, and every other computer company.

I don't understand why you're saying Apple products using Intel CPUs are not real Apple products; they are, because Apple made them. If you think it's not Apple because they use Intel CPUs then you might as well say every Mac isn't Apple because the original Macs used Motorola processors, and then they switched to PowerPC processors, made not by Apple, but by IBM! Now they're using Intel processors, and they're still Apple.

It's important to realise that Apple never have been the dominant maker of any product except maybe the Apple Watch, I read somewhere that it was the most popular smartwatch. "Learn your history friend." ;)

@Awake659 -

They are not "toxic"; they are very real criticisms. And since you obviously didn't read the OP, you didn't know that they just copied the list off a website and translated it to English.

@Michaela Joy -

Apple was using Motorola processors up until March 14, 1994, when the first PowerMac was introduced. However, IIRC, they didn't include PowerPC in their laptops until a bit later.

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  6. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Both Apple and Intel set the industry standard for planned obsolescence. It was Intel who wanted to solder CPU-s into the motherboard. Well that didn't stick, so they just settled for locking out upgrades with infamous "management engine"(we still don't know what it actually "manages" since it's closed source), and cpu microcode, securing easy profit on chipset sales.

7. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    Rotten IS as rotten DOES ?!?

8. skjaber

skjaber MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2018
    I agree with you