Six reasons against buying the new iPhone 7 (Plus)

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Katzenfreund, Sep 9, 2016.

1. sotall

sotall MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2016
    Buying the iphone7 at an outrageous sum of 759 euros is a waste of useful money.

2. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    #22 Katzenfreund, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I have a problem with any product that sacrifices function for form. And Apple is number one on that hit parade.

IMHO, what we're seeing with Apple is bad engineering being hidden in a status symbol.
    The sad thing is that people are eating these things up faster than Apple can make them. :eek:

This puts the mental state of society as a whole under question.

Are we being "dumbed down"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    According to British consumers’ mag “Which?” iPhone 7 comes last in battery life tests

The magazine compared Apple's 4.7-inch phone against the Samsung Galaxy S7, HTC 10, and LG 5 in a series of tests designed to simulate for everyday usage.

On the 3G call time test, the iPhone 7 managed 712 minutes, compared with 1,859 minutes for the HTC 10 and 1,759 and 1,492 minutes for the LG G5 and the Samsung Galaxy S7.

5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    #25 Michaela Joy, Oct 4, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    The video is certainly a fake. But I hope the facts it mentions are nevertheless true. And I'm surprised Apple hasn't moved legally against those promoting it.

7. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    I truly love visiting where there are smart folks who refuse the i-religion (non-appleheads) !!!

And these are ALL just wonderful:
    Like a nice, cool breeze - thanks for such good stuff.

8. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

heres another one for you smallhagrid,,

"names hunt not c--t" :D

9. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
  10. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

Lew aint a potty mouth, everyone else is so fecking uptight :D

11. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

#31 BrianCohen, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
    what it means is who ever says it is not gullible, not a mug or muggins. if someone is shafted over a deal, is taken for a ride, has been conned, they would say "i must have mug/muggins/c--t written on my forehead".

so to say "names hunt not c--t" means i am not an idiot or a gullible mug/muggins.

class dismissed :D

12. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    Thanks for 'splaining that BrianCohen; seems like there are different figures of speech involved which are uncommon here in amurreeka, so tanks for the education !!

13. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

#33 BrianCohen, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
    its standard british vernacular that is dying out due to americanisation. :mad:

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #34 Mr.X, Oct 9, 2016
  15. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Mr.X: There's a senior citizen center where I live. Sometimes, I go there for lunch (Soy una Vieja ahora. :) )
    Just about everybody there speaks fluent Spanish. I get along great with everybody, and they teach me words and phrases.

I met a woman from Barcelona there. It was -difficult- for me to understand and keep up with Her. But we speak every time I'm there. I'm probably the only person there who talks to her. :)

When I heard the phrase Limpiando pescado (Cleaning fish) I knew something was amiss. :D

Thank you for sharing the truth with us. And the story is very funny. :)

16. I know one reason, its apple, actually one reason enough for not buying this crap. ;)

I will never forget this unofficial advertise from Samsung about any products comparison with apple.
    A big table with all the stats of both phones, all the true, nothing hided or set it lower/higher as its.
    You could see in the result the Samsung one was better, and the funny part: The iPhone was nearly double price. :clap:

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  18. Awake659

Awake659 MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2017
    The OP's reasons for not buying the phone are just pure toxic. You hate Apple, I get it.

19. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    #40 smallhagrid, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Apple ?? What Apple ??
    Learn your history friend.
    That company ceased to exist as an independent technology provider quite a few years back.
    Their devices are now merely re-badged to keep those who are voluntarily asleep thinking it still exists.
    (Hint:
    REAL, genuine Apple equipment did NOT operate on the Intel platform with Intel CPUs...)

And before anyone starts a flame war here - I most definitely DO NOT hate what Apple WAS:
    I operated a program which placed many REAL, genuine Apple computers in the homes of folks too poor to buy computers for their kids - spent a great deal of time turning truckloads of broken Apple computers back into whole ones - and yes - I do know the history of this sad progression.

BUT:
    I do despise what the wintel cartel has done to it and the other horribly toxic stuff they've done as well.

Time for the fanbois to WAKE UP.

Aside of that - as so well documented - Android is the dominant system/OS worldwide now - so Apple in whatever form it may be - is now even less relevant than it has been in the past.