SF-Reboot-To : Your Windows dual boot solution.

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by PAYMYRENT, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Ok i have updated this. It has a couple fixes and a closing notification. I will be getting the softpedia cert in little while

2. slambergamer

slambergamer MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    do this support backtrack?? thx..

3. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    I am sorry but no this only supports windows boot loader vista + . if you configure the windows loader to use backtrack then backtrack to load your OS then it will work

4. slambergamer

slambergamer MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    i tried to do that b4.. but failed.. thx anyways bro.. i failed not because of the program error. but im lack of knowledge to do that... :bash:

5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Well guys its that time again. This has an update

Changes 4.9:
    Migrating from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4
    Updated Installer to install .NET 4 when missing.

I hope you enjoy

Thanks,
    PMR

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Question: Reset Boot Manger - Does it restore the Windows 7 or 8 boot manager? (if Win 7- how can I restore Win 8 manager? Win 8 disc and bootrec /rebuild?)

UPDATE

Tested it, works.
    Doesn't restore the Win8 Boot Manager.
    Any way to keep it from prompting UAC each start up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    As the BCD is a system object no there is no way unless i have the service handle all functions.

Reset boot manager is to reset the boot settings You set windows 7 to boot then click that it will boot back into the menu.

8. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    As far as i can tell this doesnt need and update but i will give one anyways.. this time a UI update for support of more languages. right now it does English German and Portuguese - may not be active but it is coded in. any issues that come up will be fixed while i update the UI .

I hope you all enjoy

9. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    This will be getting a minor update in about a week to clear up the start with windows code and prevent a uac dialog.

10. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    hi paymyrent, does it support reboot to linux system with clean install (directly install from dvd media, not wubi (windows installer) which installed in different partition (not side by side with windows)? I read in your website it only support wubi that's why I'm asking this, thx in advance...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. kroff

kroff MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2007
    Hi,

is it possible to reboot remote pcs?
    i have a classroom of 8 pcs, and need to switch between win7 32/64bit, would be handy to reboot them to the desired partition in one go

thanks

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    It can be done without wubi. But at that point you would have to configure the windows boot manager (through bcd) to load linux\grub. (wubi does this setup for you) I can write up a tutorial for how to do manual bcd configurations or\also write a tool to go along with with BCDEditor that is included to add new a OS to the windows boot manager.

That could be written in easily. Done through the services that are installed but will need some sort of manager.

To the promise of updates! Everything was pushed back due to an issue with a hosting provider. I will be working on it and most of it is done. I just need to do the anti uac stuffs! SHHHH I know how to get around it! LOL

13. Bughead

Bughead MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2015
    Makes me :clap: ..easy mode THX a bunch :worthy:

14. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    You should change this description, since the program is no longer free.
    You should also explain, at the first page, that the person interested in acquiring the program should access your site and pay a certain amount for it.
    Do not get me wrong, just to avoid confusion.

15. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Now I think I am going to take the IAP and this Util to integrate a new communication protocol -- who would like to join me for a test?

Using my old encryption status.. do you guys clear it? write it? do you remember who you were?

video logic only - communicate audio.. eec ecc tune lining thanks --?

Attached Files:

16. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    who wants to hack with me today?

17. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #78 Muerto, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

18. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    forum how do you like this info though?...

19. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009