SF-Reboot-To : Your Windows dual boot solution.

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by PAYMYRENT, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonobio

nonobio MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    Something like that :)

2. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    I'll install a vm and mess around with it

3. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    This has an update for all of you

I'm still working on adding other bootloaders so be patient :D

Thanks and enjoy!!!
    - PMR

4. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Vista install is not supported at this moment ... it will come back soon though

5. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #45 PAYMYRENT, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Yeh. I liked the music. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Well in the new one i removed bcdedit.exe. i learned how to do the commands directly. Tests are looking good. No info on other bootloaders, I do not want to mess up your system so i dont think i will be supporting it just the regular BCD.

sorry guys :p

I have also added a small bcd editor GUI program so you can change your timeout and your OS display names. i call it BCDEDitor Lite.

-PMR

P.S. on a side note mr cell can you help me with something :D

8. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    This has another update sorry its late i was busy doing other stuffs. Anyways i hope you guys enjoy

-Thanks,
    PMR

9. gerd.schmidt

gerd.schmidt MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2013
    Hi, I'm new here and it's my first posting.

Today I wanted to update from version 4.6 to 4.7, but my antivirus-program Avira Internet Security says, that there is a virus in "Reboot-To Service.exe" and shows the following message:

"In der Datei 'C:\Program Files\System Functions Software\Reboot-To\Reboot-To Service.exe'
    wurde ein Virus oder unerwünschtes Programm 'TR/Dropper.MSIL.Gen2' [trojan] gefunden.
    Ausgeführte Aktion: Übergeben an Scanner".

Is there really a virus? In version 4.6, this message was not.

Gerd

10. gerd.schmidt

gerd.schmidt MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2013
    Reboot-To is a great tool that I have been looking for since a long time. But what does this all mean for the simple non-technical user? Must he pay an new antivirus program? I will provisionally remain at version 4.6, as the problem does not occur there.

Gerd

11. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    well i havent changed much of anything from 4.6 to 4.7 it uses the same obfuscator and it has the same false positive warnings depending on your av. will will use a method from Josh Cell it keep reboot-to offline but still getting around the warnings. but there is still a chance that it has that error until i can get something like Smart Assembly (it has to be legal or i run the risk of my site going down :( )... and for being a virus 4.7 has gotten a lot of attention and is being downloaded like crazy. I will see about it getting the clean cert from SoftPedia again lol maybe that will sway your decisions :p

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Ok guys got the clean certification again and updated the first post.

Enjoy and be sure to use the error reporting system and the updater!!

13. gerd.schmidt

gerd.schmidt MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2013
    I just downloaded Reboot-To again from your first post, this time under "Reboot-To on Softpedia" and "Latest Versioin". In both downloads shows the virus scanner still a virus named "TR/Dropper.MSILGen2" in Reboot-To Service.exe.

Gerd

14. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    SmartAssembly has poor security features against the assembly decompilation inside any application.

The Confuser provides so many features against that application, but generate false-positives.

Some developers really do not worry with their code open to the world, but another value their work and want to protect the job against 'decompilers' or 'script kiddies' that want of fast methods to code another application.

We have also another point that are the security of any application that is commercially provided. These obfuscators can increase the protection of their engine against bad people wanting to crack that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    Yes no virus and would you like people ripping off your hard work??? Unless you want to give up the 700$ USD to pay for smart assembly which Mr Josh Cell said is crap - i would be more than happy to stop using the confuser but as it stands SA sucks and confuser isnt supported by de4dot. I have used a cracked version of sa and it was crappy and it was easily broken. BTW this program will not run unless i compile it myself it will crash if there is an invalid signature.

Softpedia runs the applications and looks at what it does. if it doesnt do anything wrong then they give it the clean cert even if it says something in the AV.. i told them (Softpedia) that is shows up in some avs because of the confuser. they said it was still good.

EDIT look at iReboot - the freeware version it is being protected with SmartAssembly. so why not obfuscate it. they are what are they hiding? the subsystem to defeat UAC? if anything that is more of a virus than confuseron reboot-to

16. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    exactly lol at least the other devs can understand

17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    This months update will only be a minor update to notify you about the settings you changed and other what nots lol

I will still be using confuser and i will get the softpedia cert again just to let you know it is ok :D