Windows Server 2008/Server 2008 R2 OEM SLP Keys

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by reginakampher, Aug 28, 2008.

1. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 reginakampher, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2024
  2. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  3. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    ****, you beat me to it. I just got done downloading the Dell OEM WS2008 iso (it took 12 hours to download) so that I could get the key from it. Anyways, the key was found inside PID.TXT file. The certificate was also found inside the $OEM$ folder. The certificate was the same used with other Dell SLICs.

4. fivestar@live.cn

fivestar@live.cn MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2008
    :D, the key from me,
    the active program that write by me.......

5. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    #5 reginakampher, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  6. The.Watcher

The.Watcher MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2008
    My understanding

So KEY plus the SLIC cert = Standard Server Activated :cool:

Or am I missing something here? :rolleyes:

7. gail

gail MDL Junior Member

Feb 15, 2008
    No not missing anything mate works a treat,,,,,,,,,,

8. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    As long as you have the BIOS mod to add the SLIC table, it will activate, mine is now activated with the DELL OEM with the ASUS Bios mod, and ASUS cert.

Works perfectly

9. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2 MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2007
    What you mean by that,
    Do you say that we just require the slic info in BIOS from ASUS and not Dell to Activate?

Can you work it out for me, its been long since I came to this Forum, so I need to get update.....

Did you activated Server 2k8 with Asus Cert and Asus bios mod?

thanks sorry for buging you....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Let me just simplify things here a little bit.

The OEM SLP method to activate WS2008 is the same as it is for Vista.

1. Have your BIOS modded with any SLIC table of your choice.
    2. Apply the corresponding certificate (e.g. if you had your BIOS modded with HP SLIC table then apply the HP certificate).
    3. Apply the WS2008 key.

11. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    Find the motherboard you need on here, I have the Maximus Formula ASUS, They had a modified BIOS that added the ASUS SLIC information to it. Once I updated my BIOS it added that information. I downloaded the DELL OEM Sever 2008 Standard edition, and added the ASUS certificate, that activated Windows Server instantly. The OEM key is not what Microsoft looks at, what they look at is that the CERT and the BIOS match. Once they do, wallah Windows Server is activated and Genuine....

So if you know the make of your Motherboard, go to the forums and search for a modified SLIC Bios and you will add the SLIC table needed for your system... Its risky, but ASUS has crash free bios installed so if the update fails then I can reimage the BIOS. It worked perfectly, and now Windows Server is activated.

I used the OEM DEll Standard Server 2008 x64, installed the ASUS bios mod for my computer, and then added the ASUS certifcate to activate. Worked perfectly. Windows activated almost a few seconds after installing the cert.

To change the cert open a command prompt type Slmgr -ilk (location of the cert) the OEM key do not change they are not OEM specific, I quickly learned. Beyond that Windows Server should state it is activated, and will run pretty fast without disabling the SLU services, or deleting the SL keys in the System 32 directory.

The bios mod is the riskiest part of the whole transition, if you fail your MB will be nothing more then a bunch of electronics with nothing to it.

It took me awhile but now everything works perfectly.

Worth the wait unless you want to spend 1000s of dollars on a Server system.

12. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    Not bugging anyone, I stumbled across this site like everyone else, and this has been the best site for Server 2008!

Most of the BIOS mods out there will be for ASUS due to checksum errors with other OEMS. Traditionally you will find ASUS in the SLIC mods. Once that happens on your system and you use Everest or something to verify SLIC in the APCI then you are ready to go. Install windows Server 2008 install the key for Whatever BIOS mod you used (hp, ASUS, dell, etc....) the install the matching cert, once done Windows Server should be activated.

hope this helps.

13. The.Watcher

The.Watcher MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Key would work on 32Bit or 64Bit wouldn't it.

14. hellosky

hellosky MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Found ISO link @ demonoid

Thanks for info!!! Would be awesome if Hyper-V was included but there are other software out there!! :)

15. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    Correct same as Vista

16. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    Yup it's at Demonoid that's where I got it from too...

17. TheOneAndOnly

TheOneAndOnly MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Hyper-V is included in all x64 editions of Win2k8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. re*s.t.a.r.s.*2

re*s.t.a.r.s.*2 MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I got ASUS SLIC Working already.

Well thanks for clarifying this matter, As I thought you need to have a Dell slic string added into your bios, and use the cert for Dell and the key for activating Dell SLIC modded bios
    But thank god is way easy now, I have a server computer modded with Asus Slic Using the Cbrom Comand and worked fine with Asus Slic modd, but becouse I thought this Key would work only with Dell Specified Bios I tried to Add Dell SLIC into this MOBO, what happened was that the system would hang on boot up, So I had to do A how Swapping proccedure and recover my Bios that worked and that one has the ASUS slic Mod working:
    So what I am going to do its mod a DVD dic with the server 2k08 standard server and install....
    Thanks peaps for the headups.

19. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008