rs1 bugs!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nerdgeek, Aug 4, 2016.

1. nerdgeek

nerdgeek MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2015
    1. activated windows spotlight, no pictures changed;
    2. when win+L manually locked screen, cannot login anymore, just reboot(happened occasionally);
    3. installer with uac enabled, cannot load, just click second time;

2. maestrosir

maestrosir MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2016
    #3 maestrosir, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    nerdgeek I would start with
    Code:
    sfc /scannow

3. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I would install windows again - clean install.

Sometimes in the first install of new OS (even new rtm build is new OS) there are weird bugs.

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Has there ever been a Microsoft product that was without bugs?

I just finished my totally awesome count of six upgrades using the anniversary update and all went very smoothly. Aside from not being able to bypass the lock screen, yet, it's proven itself to just be another aggravating OS like all the rest. Privacy setting were reset to Microsoft's default in many cases, but I was expecting that.

Lots of new things to have to consider and many old things are in new locations. In short ... business as usual in the upgrade business.

5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    They’ll rarely change what needed changing, they prefer to change what was good to start with.

Actually, there haven’t been any changes to my privacy settings, but I only used the on-board facilities for doing them. So I guess, and its only a guess, that those who experienced resetting of their changes used registry hacks and third party tools for carrying them out, and probably implementing more than what’s doable by Settings/Control Panel alone.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    It was easy to see what was changed since I turned EVERYTHING off that was related to privacy, sharing, connecting and etc. My philosophy is turn it off until you need it. Apparently Microsoft knows more about what I need than I do.

7. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    The ONLY way the Win 10 Team will see your Bug Reports is if they are reported thru the Feedback Hub.

8. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Some issues I've experienced so far:

1. Start menu: When you setup an application, like VLC, for example, and the installer creates a shortcut in the Start menu, sometimes it does not work immediately (clicking it has no effect). It works after a reboot.
    2. Edge: Sometimes "Close all tabs" on exit does not work. The dialog just disappears and Edge keeps running.

Apart from that, it runs pretty stable. I just had to realize again what a hell lot of work it is to configure the Windows 10 image the way I want. Their release cadence is too fast IMO. Once a year would be enough.

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I agree, other than having to run through the settings (took maybe ten minutes tops on each machine) all the upgrades I've done have gone very smoothly. "Anniversary" updates are by definition an annual thing and I agree with you there too ... one a year is enough. Unless there are severe security or stability issues. Somehow though, with Microsoft's new policy on pushing updates, I tend to believe they're less concerned with user satisfaction. But then they do listen you know. :eek:

10. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012

Several completely different machines with different ages and from different producers (Asus, Dell, Lenovo Thinkpad), specifically was tested to find out is there similar problems.
    Ansver is one - No, there is no such problem.
    Conclusion, this is your and your machines problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Agreed, but even severe security issues don't require an upgrade (= new build). It can all be done via hotfixes. And if I had only one PC, I wouldn't go through all the hassle... but for several PCs, I don't want to miss a custom WIM anymore. It just saves so much time. Glad that I participated in a few rollouts with hundreds of PCs and know all the tools.

12. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Could be. I've installed Windows 10, and subsequently the Anniversary Update, on two Eee PC 1000HE netbooks, one Toshiba Qosmio laptop, one Acer laptop, one Asus laptop and one home build with rather old dual core AMD processor in a Gigabyte main board. The only operational "problem" I've had is the two netbooks start up a little slow. Run OK once fully booted but actually they run far better than I expected.