RIPPA Ubuntu Unity! Welcome (again) Gnome!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by CHEF-KOCH, Apr 6, 2017.

1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @CK thanks for the heads up dude, I think that Ubuntu Team know what is making if Gnome is better then go still very good to know that Ubuntu decided abandon craps for smartphones and tablets because anyway I see a lot of complain about issues with this devices is correct decision so Ubuntu return only for Desktops avoiding complains, issues etc congrats to Mr.Mark :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kero48

kero48 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    I might old school but I liked the old gnome versions, simple, clean and worked and ran well. Never was a big unity fan!

I run LUBUNTU on all my boxes as its fast and lightweight and works great for media center boxes etc.

LXDE for me is first but if gnome can regain it's greatness I wouldn't mind using that either.

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Gnome and Xfce are my two favorite shells. I never did like Unity and I honestly knew no one in the real world who ever championed it as their choice pick either. Of course, you'd find a few diehard fans online, but they could never truly outlined exactly what kept Unity apart from the rest other than the familiarity of first using it when first trying Ubuntu. I suspect it will be those who will miss it, but I'll not count myself among them.

5. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I am a Plasma fan...:p