Post something great about yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katzenfreund, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Well, I’ve just finished a new composition, music and words, of a song on the philosophy of life. I don’t think it has any commercial possibilities, but I am pleased enough to pat myself on he back.

Plus, even more important, I contend that I am the owner of the only cats site on the entire web, which includes a full collection of transparent cat smilies. And even if another one appears, mine will still be the first one. [​IMG]

Site in my sig, smilies here:
    http://tomscats.wixsite.com/cats/cat-smileys

So, what great achievement have you accomplished in your life? Or what great ability do you possess?

2. kero48

kero48 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    A great ability I have is being able to convince others that never tried linux to give it a shot and when they do, they never go back. It's amazing what one can do when armed with information that can change peoples lives.

The greater thing is that when those people tell others and give them a quick education, those people then switch over and it just keeps going.

Some might find this a little lame, but it gives people some freedom from MS.

3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    My super power is belch talking. :SmallAwesomeSmiley:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jadinolf

jadinolf MDL Member

Jun 1, 2016
    IF I make until May 13 I will be 83 years old.

I think that would be great considering that my family is not noted for longevity.;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    ˄˄
    Well done, that’s a hard to beat achievement around here jadinolf, as computer experts are expected to be of a younger age.

6. jadinolf

jadinolf MDL Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Whoever said that lied.;)

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @jadinolf yep congrats dude, I hope that you reach more than 100 years sincerely :) well I'm almost 63 for a while ;) but still making mountain bike with boys here in forest lol :biggrin:

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Jadinoff: GOD bless. :)

Keep on rockin'

Well, I composed an album. Unreleased as of yet, but still there. :)

Some of my accomplishments in the engineering trades can't be spoken about because of National Security.
    Suffice it to say I was on a team that flew an experiment in space.

We'll call it "directed energy research" and leave it at that. ;)

My greatest accomplishment was being self-taught. I taught myself to read at 4 years old.

By the time I was twelve, I already understood science, electronics and calculus. At 13, I got my first job in a TV shop.
    I worked my way up from a tech to an engineer, a test engineer and finally a software consultant.
    In all, my career spanned almost 30 years.

And I never went to college.

These days, I write software as well as design guitar pedals. I also fix amps and synths, although it's more of a hobby for me.

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @MJ lol I also self taught til today I still remember when I'm 4 and the most dumb schoolboy because I not capable make simple calculus in mathematics and cry a lot!! :weep: so one day I call my mom and say mom I swear that I go to learn all about mathematics alone :sneaky: is true I use a lot of patience to learn in consequence I also learn how to drive bicycles, bikes, boats, surf, trucks and big trucks and english but I need more improvement ah also computers that is same thing everyday I learn something about hardware/software; my Honorable Teacher abbodi1406 know my experiences :biggrin: so concluding the man/women that want learn only need perseverance, love for all that make and so on general independent your age :)

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    At last, members' remarkable talents are beginning to be aired. I knew they existed, but started to fear people were too modest to mention them. It's not boasting if you tell the objective truth when asked on a suitable occasion.