Post all forum Bugs here

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Forever, Dec 27, 2014.

1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Expert

Sep 5, 2013
    I would like to see a "New Posts" link on top of whichever page I am on. It is a very minor inconvenience, but it would be really super nice to have it.

2. Yen

Yen Administrator
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Isn't it on the navbar at the very right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yep. On the classic theme it's on that black navbar and on the Material themes you just press on the floating navbars forums tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  5. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Just got an email from Threat, he can't login

"Since MDL changed to XenForo I can no longer login (well login but get no permissions message).

Can't even sign up for a new account as registration disabled."

On another note, can see where the design layout came from, the fugly Windows 10 POS

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Ask him to reset his password

7. alperi75

alperi75 MDL Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I would like each user to delete their own posts or, at least, that they could be hidden in case of error.

Thank you very much!

8. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #89 Nucleus, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    Yeah, had to go to chat and ask @alexthg to delete a bum post I made, used to be able to do it ourselves?

Don't like the default font in the MDL Classic theme, it used to be a plain sans font? Also in the MDL Classic theme it's difficult to see a link in a bunch of text, link colour needs changing IMO.

Does/will using the old post= thread= cause any problems when internal linking?

alperi75 post above. Link

Code:
    [post="1339687"]Link[/post]
    Test....

Yes it is! :)

9. Yen

Yen Administrator
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #90 Yen, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:19 AM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM
    Which color do you suggest? You can post rgb or hex of the color.

I have changed it to the blue I have at my signature for now similar to yours.

10. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Much better Yen. Links stand out in the post now.

Thank you. :tankyou:

11. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Addicted

Jan 7, 2008
    #92 CHEF-KOCH, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 12:45 PM
    Some forum 'bugs' I found or in other words it needs some tweaks:

• The links within the chatbox opening into the same windows, not in a new tab
    • Some emotes on dark theme are with white frame (known issue and I working on it myself)
    • Some emotes in chatbox are not visible in the 'extended' list (like emphaty3) or duplicated (like flowers and flowers2)
    • On dark theme the chatbox 'history' time isn't really well visible
    • Home button seems obsolete as long it not redirects to the MDL frontpage since there is already a forum button (speaking about the big buttons on the topic [when black/white theme activated]). AND there is also a home button on footer.
    • 20 instead of (like it was before) 40 last posts
    • 'New posts' aren't live updating (in the overview page)
    • Chatbox shouldn't allow bbcodes like left/right
    • White theme is too bright (lower 15-20% maybe?)
    • In-line links aren't working (already addressed by DAZ)
    • Chat (in classic theme) (on topic) displays 'Quick links' - useless?
    • Is the RSS feed correct? Shows error for me. (This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.)
    • Animated avatars aren't possible (yet?) (I guess also already addressed by Daz)
    • The background for 'sticky' threads are too 'thin'. I suggest to increase the color ~10%.
    • Chatbox history could be increased, I'm fin with it but others want 'more' history.

12. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    can you seperate "Insert" Option on Reply

if i choose text than made CODE option from Insert the text disappear

13. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    this option fixed i think

14. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog MDL Addicted

Feb 10, 2012
    Hold the door! Don't let him in! :busted:

15. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Much better font in MDL Classic theme now. Thank you. :tankyou:

16. Yen

Yen Administrator
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Feel free to post ideas. I take care of the classic, coz I like it on desktop as well.:)

17. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I've just fixed permissions for the few people having trouble signing in. Their permissions got messed up during the import stage. Sorry!

I'll look into that.

That's by design, else you'd be downloading 2 MB worth of data when you press the smilies button. Our members with poor internet connections would hate that.

History? What would you be referring to there?

By default the forum used to display 26 threads per page and 11 posts per thread. Now you get 20 threads per page and 20 posts per thread.

I probably won't change these setting for a while as it currently seems to help with the server load.

AFAIK they're not supposed to be realtime and you'll notice the same thing on all XenForo websites.

We can (and will) block some BBCode. I'm open to suggestions on what to remove.

I've mentioned it before, but I will soon be testing a few changes. I probably won't be changing white to another color though. Less of it? Maybe. But you should know, Material is normally either light or dark. YouTube is a prime example.

It's an Atom feed. Chrome doesn't style them, but other browsers do. It's not an error :)

XenForo disables them as animated images in posts can be a distraction when you're trying to read content, at least that's what the XF dev team say.

There's an option to use ImageMagick, but we're avoiding that since it's known to be used in many hacks.

The red stripe is supposed to highlight sticky threads. IMO it does a good job, but I've been using the theme for a few weeks now.

I do plan to enable the archive to members shortly, so that'd fix that problem, no?

18. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Daz, the instructions I left you were to lose Chef in the process, not me! :D

19. vanelle

vanelle MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2014
    missing prefernce (cant find)
    to show thread (conversation) from last to first

the normal 'first to last' sort order always need an extra navigation :(

and can you remove this damn 'Like system' (we are not twitter) and add a Thanks Button (as before) please

TIA