OS/2 in a VM on Linux - and other tales of long gone times!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ancestor(v), Dec 13, 2015.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Never mind, Yen. Keep on telling. You other folks as well, of course. I try not to dwell in the past too much, but hearing these stories from long gone times is something I really enjoy. There is some special interest from my side in this topic or e.g. organic chemistry lab work from the past 50 years :) But that's OT here. ;)

I've read some essay online quite a few years ago where a guy described this as Columbus feeling... guess I can relate somehow.

I'll move it to Chit Chat, so we can go off-topic legally lol :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :clap:@ancestor(V) simply awesome this thread, I have some problems with my eyes so I don't see before and now I make one surgery and now I see all here lol, with me someday +- in 1990 if I remember walking in the street I find one PC IBM XT 286 into the trash so I catch and into my house I speak to my father: dad see the I find on the street so TIGER-1 start on world of computer's with nothing knowledge then I learn alone e never stop, today I'm a nobie with Linux and very happy for a while; CONGRATS dude :yes::applause:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. melted

melted MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2015
    #44 melted, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Anyone have a hole puncher handy?
    :D
    [​IMG]
    :D

I'm very late to this party, but you all brought some A game nostalgia here. Thanks for the memories.
    Does anyone actually own any "vintage" hardware?
    If you do and are tired of dealing with floppies there are a great amount of floppy emulators now that work with most types of memory cards.
    Most systems have diy hardware/software ways of dumping your old disks and converting them to a format that will work with the emulator.

I think the closest would be Windows CE? Looks like it's been around in one form or another for 20 years now.
    I can't believe they are still using it for cable tv boxes, satellite boxes etc. I love the super lagged 8 color menu's.

@ancestor(v) thanks for the doc. Jay Miner was amazing :worthy:

4. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Image links appear to be broken. Looks like possibly a problem with the board software changeover...