[DISCUSSION] Office 2010 Starter

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by l2p2c2, Aug 17, 2010.

1. testit4free

testit4free MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    Hello All

Can anyone point me in the proper direction. Trying to find the newest ver 14.0.7134.5001 english.
    Would like to find the setup files to install on pc with no internet, but the setupconsumerc2rolw file is awesome.

Thanks so much

2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. energizer

energizer MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2014
    Hi guys,

anyone here who have the GERMAN setupconsumerc2rolw in 14.0.7134.5001?
    Only found an old version 5115 which doesn't work with v7134 files. It always asks for internet connection when trying an offline-installation...

Hope someone can help me,

greetings from Bavaria :drinks2:

4. empty2

empty2 MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2014
    Hi, i'm looking for turkish version of setupconsumerc2rolw in 14.0.7134.5001, the old version i've found doesn't install on Windows 8.1 Thanks...

5. testit4free

testit4free MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    Thank you so much for your help. Your information was dead on. :worthy:
    I do have an issue though, that I cannot seem to find a resolution. see below

I may be having the same problem.

I followed the instructions that wildbydesign posted and worked as stated.

I CANNOT POST LINK YET, So adjust as needed

1) Created folder "OStarter" on a removable drive (G).
    2) Ran Berny Berny's Office 2010 Starter Offline Setup Tool v1.4.exe (folder layout = office starter setup folder) in the same folder (G:\OStarter), that also has the file setupconsumerc2rolw.exe. (v14.0.7107.5000)
    Files Downloaded:
    71345001.cab
    autorun.inf
    click2run.msi
    click2run64.msi
    ConsumerC2R.en-us_14.0.7134.5001.sft
    descriptor.xml
    launchofficeintl.dll
    Office.exe
    PackageProperties.xml
    I did receive a couldn't download the setup file error ... but I assume it is referring to the setupconsumerc2rolw.exe file I downloaded from above link.I then run the setupconsumerc2rolw.exe (as admin) ... It seems to install the prerequisite files (step 1 ?) then moves on to step 4.
    This is where it just hangs up.

I had to reboot at one point to try and re-run. Got error saying I already have an install running.
    I found a click2run cleanup tool. It seemed to do what I needed. Got rid of Q drive and uninstalled click2run. Running this tool allowed me to attempt to install office starter again.

I have ran the setupconsumerc2rolw.exe (as admin) several times with the same outcome. Hangs at step 4
    I even tried a copy of using the patch found - Office-2010-Starter-Win8.1_Patch dot z**
    I have tried installing by creating the folder on c:\ .... %PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\OEMOffice14\OStarter\en-us
    I have tried, before and after installing the KB2598285 32bit update.
    All this on a Windows 8.1 64-bit PC

Hope I didn't miss anything
    Any further guidance is appreciated !
    Thanks

6. testit4free

testit4free MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    Thanks EFA11 ... Sorry if my post was unclear (I cannot post links), but I tried that patch. I even tried the hex edit (which I assume just does the same thing).

It does not freeze ... it goes through the motions like it is installing, just when it gets to step 4, it stays indefinitely. Or at least 5hrs, 47min was when I stopped the process (had other work to do).

I would really like to install this. Any ideas ?
    I have pretty much a fresh install. Win 8.1 Pro W/ Media Center.
    Firefox, Glary Utilities, steam, Bit comet ... thats about it. fresh install on 10/10/14

Thanks Again

7. Litnop

Litnop MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2014
    Hi. Could someone help with the latest SetupConsumerC2ROLW ru-ru? Thank you.

8. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    I've done nearly 100 clean installs of Starter now and only had one failure. And that one failure was very strange, similar to yours. It turned out that something was corrupt in the downloaded files. Try deleting all Starter files that you downloaded with Berny's tool, just keeping Berny's .exe and the main Starter installer .exe as well. Then run Berny's tool again to get fresh files from Microsoft servers again. Now give it a try. That is what worked for the one time it failed to install for me, and it was a strange failure with very little info as to what had went wrong. Fresh install files did the trick in my case. Worth a shot, I suppose.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #690 EFA11, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  10. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    Hi testit4free,
    I've had this stall a few times too, usually when installing from (cheap??) USB drives.
    Try moving your folder to the 'root' of a HDD and try again, once its installed and working just move your folder back to the USB for safe keeping ;)

11. testit4free

testit4free MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    Thanks much for your help ...

Funny thing is, I had deleted, moved to different folder, move to different drive, re-downloaded fresh files about 4 -6 times and still had same issue ! :hummer:
    Then after reading your post ... I re-download again, two more time ... and bingo. It installed :worthy:
    Turns out the nano usb WiFi adapter I WAS using has driver issues with Win8.1 and I was getting packet loss. WOW, right !
    Anyhow ... thanks again Bro ...

Thanks man ... I have a couple internal 500G hdd's that I use for download's, stuff like this. Thanks Much for your input. Hope it may help someone to see it.;)

I like it around here ... some great info. Think I may hang out awhile, if thats ok ...:rolleyes: lol

BTW ... if anyone is annoyed at that stupid Q drive that c2r installs as I was, here is how to "hide" it. Cant remove it ... just hide it. Or at least I have not found a way yet !

ONLY if comfortable with editing your registry ...

Thanks again for all your help.

12. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    You're welcome. That sounds like one heck of an adventure. It's also possible it was corrupt on MS servers as well, that is one thing I was thinking when it happened to me for a few days.

I highly recommend it. Great people, software and info here on MDL forums. Lots of inside goods on Windows 10 as well.

Hiding it is fine, but never try to remove/delete it because it stores literally all Office Starter executables, templates, etc. on there. It is run virtualized.

13. masterg

masterg MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2014
    Could someone help with SetupConsumerC2ROLW nl-nl? Thank you

14. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #695 EFA11, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  15. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
  16. spiralien

spiralien MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    New version available = 14.0.7140.5001

17. foxathome

foxathome MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2013

18. user4711

user4711 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2014
    Could somebody help with SetupConsumerC2ROLW de-de running with win8/win8.1? 14.0.5115.5000 and 14.0.6009.1000 are not working winth win8... Thanks

19. Toy4wd

Toy4wd MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2014
    Hi, i am a new be in Office 2010 Starter and want the files for the Danish Language.

I have read all the post but can´t see anything about the Danish install files.
    I also have tried the tools, but i only have the English version when it is installed ??

Can anybody help me to the Danish version ??

Best Regards and thanks for your help.