NTLite is here!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ricktendo64, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

#21 mysteriously, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Hello

Is it possible to change ProgramFilesDir and ProgramDataDir from default system drive to other partition like D:\ for Windows 7 x64?
    Mr.X@: :confused:

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Are you mysteriously kidding? Or just smoking something?:D

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I dunno man.. The amount of work that obviously went into this thing... He does have a free version as well.
    Granted the free version doesn't have the full component removal stuff and other offline features, but the pro version does offer support.

I remember when I started integrating many years ago. I used nlite for xp because I simply didn't understand any of the other tools.
    The free version seems perfect for those kinds of people.

Honestly I'll probably send a few people his way simply because I get asked about easy integration methods just about daily.

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Yah but that's just a personal preference.
    I'm pretty sure that nuhi knows that donate buttons don't net as much income as a price tag.
    Plus you constantly have to ask people to donate, which some people would have an aversion to.

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #26 MrMagic, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    And my posts were my personal preference :)

To start with I was just messing about 2 x win 8 licenses, then he came in all guns blazing and turned it serious - couldn't care less what the guy does, what I said was my opinion (albeit for fun to start with), the guy seems to not understand that people have opinions and there is FA you can do about it

Good on him for his work, but BOOO for being a d1ck when people say things he doesn't like, shouldn't be on the net if you can't handle opinions

The way I see it, if you price something reasonably, you're gonna end up with more sales than if you overprice something, and in the long run, make more money - which in his own words, is his aim

6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I'm in favor of the donate button for this kind of app. I Know he's worked long & hard on NTLite but in the end it's just to shrink your Windows footprint.
    It just doesn't sit right for me to pay for this kind of app...
    Perhaps we are the wrong audience for this as we are all pretty cluey...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Nah I don't think we're the wrong audience. He's simply promoting his new product anywhere, now it's up to us/audience to buy it or not. Potential customers are everywhere.

8. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    Free version cannot do "online" editing and most component removals are greyed out

9. Luckie

Luckie MDL Junior Member

Jan 14, 2008
    nice tool, but too expensive for me.

10. SvenP

SvenP MDL Junior Member

Mar 25, 2009
    My humble opinion:

Does nuhi deserve to make a bundle from NTLite? - YES, surely!

Does the quality of nuhi's creations nLite and vLite constitute sufficient proof of craftsmanship? - YES, beyond any doubt!

Does nuhi's current marketing approach demonstrate adequate marketing skill? -NO; and he will thus not earn a decent living if he continues down the path he's headed!

Conclusion: nuhi would be well advised to team up with a seasoned venture capitalist. - Half a fortune is better than a few peanuts!

11. nuhi

nuhi MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2013
    SvenP, thx, btw I'm interested in your marketing advice, it can be over a PM as well, now I finally have 5 posts to be able to reply.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Wise decision mate... :good3:

13. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Cant believe i didn't sticky this last week.. Anyway.. Stickied.. :worthy:

14. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    No driver integration in free version:confused:. Come on dude... And why there is only installer and no standalone version???

15. nuhi

nuhi MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2013
    But there is driver integration in the free version, maybe you had another issue, feel free to contact me through my site to not bug people here with details.
    Only installer due to license agreement and automatic 32/64 bit deployment, and because it doesn't deploy anything to the system so it's convenient. I did receive quite a lot of requests to have a zip too, so I may add it.

16. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    I thought I saw driver intergration in the free version. I had downloaded the free version and looked at it but did not try it. But now seeing your post I tried it out yesterday just to see. It does have driver intergration!! I installed 10 drivers that I need for my Win7 and it worked. Had an error pop up saying it could not install one of the drivers, then up comes a log file explaining the problem. Well I would have had to go back to school or hire Bill Gates to explain the error to me.LOL.
    Anyways I installed the finished product on my practice partition and every thing was working fine. Now that is probably the last time I will need or use NTLite. I don't intergrate updates anymore, I use a batch file for that. Anything else I may do or try is greyed out, and at $55 Canadian, it is not worth it for me. There are other free alternatives out there if I really need to do anything.

17. boooggy

boooggy MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    support for windows 10 TP was added!

18. Berny

Berny MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #40 Berny, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Do you still risk having troubles with updates when messing with the components?

About the price I've certainly seen software having a fraction of the complexity being sold for much more but what we actually think about being the right price for us certainly may not match what the right price for the highest ROI is. I wouldn't buy the software until it's below my "psychological barrier" but I wouldn't complain about the price either because maybe with 45$ he could make a living out of it while with e.g. 10$ he would not. In the end the problem is how we value the tools, I mean, WinRAR is one hell of a program and still has some exclusive features like the extremely useful recovery record (the quickest way to protect your data against the sometimes unavoidable bitrot) plus if you bought a license 20 years ago it would still be valid for the latest version yet nobody buys it because it's "just a compression tool and there are many other free available". Maybe we've just got too much used to Steam and App-store prices :g: