No mention of tool chain's here

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by 3sidedcube, Dec 11, 2015.

1. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    #1 3sidedcube, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Hello I see nothing in here about tool chains.
    or is this subject on a hush hush.
    I like big over the top ide's but come on someone keep it simple " simple and small win them all "

Wiki info.
    In software, a toolchain is the set of programming tools that is used to perform a complex software development task or to create a software product, which is typically another computer program or a set of related programs. In general, the tools forming a toolchain are executed consecutively so the output or resulting environment state of each tool becomes the input or starting environment for the next one, but the term is also used when referring to a set of related tools that are not necessarily executed consecutively.[1][2][3]

A simple software development toolchain may consist of a compiler and linker (which transform the source code into an executable program), libraries (which provide interfaces to the operating system), and a debugger (which is used to test and debug created programs). A complex software product such as a video game needs tools for preparing sound effects, music, textures, 3-dimensional models and animations, together with additional tools for combining these resources into the finished product.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Ty MJ
    Cmake is one of my favorites easy to use and set up just get the binary for your OS and start compiling. There is a tutorial to go with it as well.