Newbee Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by k4b4l74, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharpya

sharpya MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    good site~ i want post new thread~

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pole

pole MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    How do you seach the forums with phrases? In the FAQs there is a button called "complete phrase" but this is missing on the Advanced Search page for posts. I have tried quotes, slashes etc but every time the search engine returns results for every individual word in the phrase...
    Thanks

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I know!! I have the same result. I would be interested in an answer to your question as well.

5. pole

pole MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2012
    Search MDL by phrase

Ok found a way to perform search by phrase.
    It can be done in Google search which MDL seems to use as it's main search engine.
    - Type the search phrase into the MDL search box - a google search window will open on the page when hitting search
    - The Google Search page will show phrase site:forums.mydigitallife.net in its search box
    - Click the gear icon at the top right hand corner of the page and choose Advanced Search
    - In Advanced Search, move phrase to the box providing the desired search type and hit Advanced Search to the bottom right
    If specific forums or threads are to be searched, just add the path to the search string
    eg: lg BIOS site:forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7500-All-Slics-2.1-(Modded-Bios-List)-Note-For-requests-use-Bios-Mod-Requests-section

Not sure if this is the best way but it is one way.
    cheers

6. MEAN_AS

MEAN_AS MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2012
    Thanks to the creators of MDL and the people who spend hours finding solutions to the many problems that arise , i may have found a solution to Owning a Computer that was made up of different Components ...and running windows 7 without get the Dreaded Message ... :worthy: ... i have read alot of post and will be reading for the couple of weeks till im happy with what needs to be done ....thank you ..

7. rsmith51501

rsmith51501 MDL Novice

May 18, 2012
    not sure if im in right place here goes i have dell d630 got admin unlock code got into bios now has hdd password how do mi dis able it thanks rob

8. lowrider69

lowrider69 MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    thanks for the advice about windows will go look at some stickys :)

9. Jeriddian

Jeriddian MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2012
    Hello to all,

As I am a Noob to this forum, I'm still trying to find my way around it. I didn't want to post inappropriately, so this seemed to be a good place to start. My main purpose is that I am looking for a BIOS for the Clevo D901C platform, the latest one being 1.00.22 with the KBC BIOS version at 1.00.13N. I am trying to update an older notebook that I have reccently obtained. However, having the SLIC upgraded to account for Windows 7 is also great, since that is my OS. I have tried to download Busykid508's mods for this, but apparently there is a time limit on these mods after they are posted. I also tried to go to the the section where he has listed all of his previous mods for download and looked up the one for this platform, however, it would not let me download either. I have been unable to get the BIOS upgrade outside of this forum for the D901C platform as for some reason Clevo and the Boutique suppliers have shut that all down. Why, I don't know. But I was hoping to be able to get the latest BIOS here. The mod would be gravy on top of that and greatly appreciated. Could you direct me to the appropriate place for me to obtain the mod in question, or at least reactivate one of the links for it? Thanks for your attention. :)

10. bjalt

bjalt MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    Hi, newbe here. Looked all over site for info on unlocking bios. Didn't find anything. can anyone direct me to info?
    Thanks

11. Braye629

Braye629 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    What is the usage of a "unlocked" bios? I know it allows you to overclock (for a laptop) but what else does it benefit?

12. Radibux

Radibux MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2007
    Hi,

The links are hidden because I have no post. Maybe it would be better after this post!

Thanks for this forum!

13. przemo_one

przemo_one MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2013
    any chance to change username?

14. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    PM an admin.

15. SergeyVV

SergeyVV MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2015
    Hello, Before flashing (or check) the BIOS must be removed activator ODIN? (Win7x64)

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes, it's better. You might get false results when checking for SLIC. And when activating the SLIC in BIOS you don't need ODIN either way. It's outdated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...