Multi OEM/Retail Project

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magicmarkus

magicmarkus MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    i think the issue is from the windows media creater tool.
    in the source dir is an product.ini. this ini has different product keys in it. so there is the problem. i need an ritail or oem windows iso. without this crap... and then it should work.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I may be wrong but going by OEM Query Tool it says

OS Name: Windows 10 Home [x64]

#13 LICENSE STATUS - Licensed

3. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I want to see the Project.log file. Says its activated according to the query tool but I want to see the Project.log file. My request keeps getting ignored. o_O

4. twiztidwolf

twiztidwolf MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Correct, but also with KMS I didn't have any issues. If I didn't activate it I would notice the lock screen reverting to the Windows Spotlight. If I activated with a legit KMS server from my work I had no issues and could restart/shutdown without issue. So it could be the program/script KMS is missing something or not properly authenticating I don't know not a clue on scripting or programing.

5. twiztidwolf

twiztidwolf MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    #2405 twiztidwolf, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    I haven't gone though to look for what you did to the EI.cfg file but try this:
    [Channel]
    _default
    [VL]
    I have used it with Retail, Volume, and OEM-DM keys without issue. It also skips Win 8/10 from asking for a key or having to click skip if it doesn't find an OEM-DM key.
    I have an AIO I made with 7/8.1/10 in a .SWM format for UEFI or Legacy booting and use that EI.CFG without issue. So far even with the $OEM$ under sources I have yet to need a PID or RETAIL.txt on Dell, HP, Asus, or Lenovo.
    The only one issue I have had was with Win 7/10 enterprise saying "Error, no supported windows edition found." in the project.log file but worked fine in VMware so guessing it was a PID issue I don't know but didn't want to bother The_Gaurdain as I didn't care. I only use enterprise at work and not for myself or others.

On the product.ini that doesn't or shouldn't matter to me from looking at the keys there. They look like the default keys to input for either using a KMS server or from digital entitlement. Like any Pro upgrade or store (though windows) bought will have digital entitlement and have the key ending: 3V66T

6. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    The error in log file is from enterprise not being included because of no keys. Like you said, you used kms for activation. The kms tools here at mdl has issues with win10 and personalization settings not unlocking (login screen and such). Obviously your work kms is setup correct where kms tools here at mdl have an issue with kms emulation. Nothing to do with this project.

7. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
  8. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    You need to use some sort of third party imaging backup utility in order to create an image that can be deployed on all workstations within your network.

9. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    That i get. How to backup the key stuff from the PreInstalled OS before a Wipe & Reimage

10. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2410 The_Guardian, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    (OP)
    I would capture the image and add the project to it. Put the contents of the setup folder in the project to captured image, %windir%\Setup\scripts folder.

11. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
  12. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    If I was you I would open a new thread in appropriate section to get more specific help.

13. tra_ung

tra_ung MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Dear Mr.
    OEM's ECS is not found. please add it. Thanks Pro. :biggrin:

14. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    If someone sends me the images and query tool info, I will. Until then, I cant as of yet. o_O

15. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    I guess I will do that. Since this is for a network & domain of machines, what might be the best forum/ sub forum on MDL to get attention for this?

16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    The activation is stored in tokens and dat files so opening another thread would be best since this thread doesnt touch on that subject. It all depends on the OS.

17. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2417 The_Guardian, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    (OP)
    I got info on ECS including cert for starter edition but no shared key found as of yet. :(

Update: Got win7 starter key for addition to project from a member who helps me from time to time, thanks. :)

18. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I am going to be redoing the query section because of conflicts between them if a oem has same letters in name as another oem. Think this can be done better then the original code to sort this issue out. Now I need to find the time to do it. lol

19. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2419 The_Guardian, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    (OP)
    Those who would like to test the query tool beta version to see if conflicts are reduced, let me know. I want this query tool tested on oem's we know that cause issues with branding. For example Compaq vs HP. The beta query tool is only available by pming me.

Update: Updated query tool build 4 with ECS oem for beta testing.

Update2: Looks like this method works on MSI/BIOSTAR oem conflicts for query results.

The happy dance is in order. :biggrin:

20. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Think we will call this method variable conflict resolution which is what it is. I feel it is appropriate. :eek: