1. daveo76

daveo76 MDL Expert

Nov 9, 2009
    Install OneDrive in Windows 10
    1. Press the Windows + X key combinations to open the Quick Access menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. To install the OneDrive in Windows 10 64-bit, issue the following commands:
      %systemroot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe
      If you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows 10, type this command instead:
      %systemroot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe
    3. Upon completing the installation, restart the computer and you can then use OneDrive again.

2. lomticksoftoast

lomticksoftoast MDL Member

Nov 12, 2009
    You're correct. AFAIK, ESD is only useful for compression. The only reason I show the steps for compressing your WIM to ESD is if someone needs to make their final MSMG ISO as small as possible. I know of no other advantage. As GodHand and I have pointed out, the big disadvantage is the length of time it takes to compress a WIM to an ESD. A less time consuming and just as easy to apply compression method is embedded in the MSMG step-by-step build instructions in my signature.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Just use abbodi1406 wimlib wim<>esd converter for compressing install.wim to install.esd or decompressing install.esd to install.wim.

Or just do this (per index):

Code:
    dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"x:\install.wim" /SourceIndex:1 /DestinationImageFile:"y:\install.esd" /Compress:recovery /checkintegrity

Wimlib will scrape a few more kb/mb's than dism.

4. lomticksoftoast

Nov 12, 2009
    That's really cool! I only need OneDrive on an office computer and nowhere else.
    This changes the steps under the "Remove Windows Components Menu" to
    [4] Remove -> [3] Remove Windows Components -> [1] All Windows Components
    Much easier! Thanks!

5. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #1726 MonarchX, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Is there a Beta version of the 7.0 version somewhere? I am ready to be the guinea pig! I want to do this, but it seems like waiting is the right thing to do...

Why is there a NET Framework 4.6 Pack for Windows 10? Does it not come with NET Framework 4.6???

6. spidernz

spidernz MDL Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    ikr right!

i believe .net in built in now.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Win 10 has the latest .net onboard. CU's will update it.

8. lomticksoftoast

Nov 12, 2009
    Thank you for sharing this useful code and reminding us all about abbodi1406's tool. I will definitely use this method if I ever need to compress to ESD.

The reason I show Feartamixg's suggested ESD compression method is that it uses MSMG's "Command GUI"
    It is easier to describe how to press number buttons on your keyboard:
    [1] Source -> [8] Convert Source WIM Image to ESD Image​
    then to try and explain about opening a second command terminal and applying code or using a second tool ...

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What's easier then pressing a nr?

Code:
    ===============================================================================
                       Detected WIM file contains 5 indexes:

1. "Windows 7 HomeBasic x64"
      2. "Windows 7 HomePremium x64"
      3. "Windows 7 Professional x64"
      4. "Windows 7 Ultimate x64"
      5. "Windows 7 Enterprise x64"
                                      Options:
      0 - Quit
      1 - Export 1st index
      2 - Export all indexes
      3 - Export single selected index
      4 - Export consecutive range of indexes
    > Enter Your Option:

10. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #1732 MonarchX, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    There is an option to remove an Advanced feature called Manual Setup. What is that???

I also noticed that when MSMG tries to remove Windows Defender, it gets Access-Denied error when attempting to get rid of SecurityHealth UI thingy... Is that normal???

11. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. naveedabbas555

naveedabbas555 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    #1734 naveedabbas555, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Deleted

13. naveedabbas555

naveedabbas555 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    #1735 naveedabbas555, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Deleted

14. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    HELL YES! I finally made a rather clean ISO. I didn't bother with integration of anything to make it as pure as possible, but I did remove everything Store-related except for the Store itself, Edge, and Xbox Apps. This time the WIM file size was SMALLER than the original one (the way it was supposed to be) and installed extremely fast without asking for 40GB+ of free space! I am running it right now and it feels good for most of that bloatware to just be gone.

I think the author of this tool should look into the whole SQL Database adjustment located in ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRespository . There are plenty of other system Store Apps that are set to Inbox = 1 (which means NON-removable with PowerShell AppX commands), but once set to Inbox = 0, you can run the Get/Remove AppX command for your username, for allusers, and the general one that gets rid of all Inbox = 0 Apps and it will allow you to uninstall more of those worthless Apps from the Settings Immersive Control Panel --> Apps, which is where they will appear after the Get/Remove AppX commands are used. I would, however, set/leave the Apps you may want, like Edge, Store, Xbox, Accounts (leave this one you ever want to sign in to Store or connect Windows 10 to MS), Immersive Control Panel (DEFINITELY KEEP THIS ONE), etc. to Inbox = 1 to make sure the Get/Remove AppX command that gets rid of all Inbox = 0 Apps does not remove the ones you want. You can try to remove those apps one by one without the "Remove-All" PowerShell command, but I can tell you for a fact that some of them have gibberish for a package name and you may never find the correct package names for a bunch of them, which is why setting the ones you want to Inbox = 1 and running the "Remova-All" PowerShell commands is the better approach IMO. I also suggest to set all NET Native Framework and VCLibs Apps to Inbox = 1 and leave ShellExperienceHost at Inbox = 1 because I got mad issues after their uninstall. It is odd that NET Native Framework and VCLibs Apps are set to Inbox = 0 by default.... Do mind this is just a way to uninstall those Apps (from being active, I guess), but the packages for most of them remain in Windows\SystemApps and in Windows\InfusedApps and in Program Files\WindowsApps, but the sizes of those folders have diminished significantly. There are also many folders related to stuff like Holo that do not go away once you get rid of Holo-related Apps I would love to see gone for good!

Here's an idea - why not look at packages available in the Enterprise LTSB (or whatever the correct name is) and simply allow for removal of all packages not present in Enterprise LTSB, aside from obviously vital ones like Immersive Control Panel? I guess that would be a LOT of packages and things aren't as simple as that... usually.

Once updated MSMG comes out, I hope it won't have many new options to remove other packages not available for removal in version 6.9 because if it does, I will have to do this all over again...

15. 13dk13

13dk13 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2011
    cant wait for the update the auto update of apps at any given time are annoy af, and u cant disable it ...

16. lomticksoftoast

Nov 12, 2009
    #1738 lomticksoftoast, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Congratulations!

Instead of disassembling Windows 10 pro into a half-assed, "Frankenstein LTSB" kludge, you could start with LTSB, do some basic clean-up with MSMG and avoid all the headaches. Just saying …

17. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    everyday i 'F5' this thread multiple times

18. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009