Mod Your Own Bios / Discussions on BIOS Transcoding

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hellohello, Jul 12, 2007.

1. maximinimaus

maximinimaus MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    It's EFI/Insyde. You can decompose them with Andy's PhoenixTool.

2. jmeno

jmeno MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2011
    Unfortunately, not. I cant open the bin from the CAB archive. I ever tried to read out the ROM with winphlash and no tool i tried can open it, at least for my hp 6710b. I want to modify an option rom module

3. emoate

emoate MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2011
    Yen,
    Hi! I am trying to mod my bios and must be doing something wrong "great guide well done thanks" any how when I run bioscod3.bat the file I get is a video file although it has.mod
    at end when I paste it in biosmod.rom and save when I try to open modded file PBE 2.0.1.8 give error "only work with lzint bios" well that's it hope you can help.

Ed:

4. xrouted

xrouted MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2011
    great summary! thanks!

5. guho

guho MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2012
    Do you have a Dell Dimension 4550 bios?

6. guho

guho MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2012
    Never mind...

7. huggans.sean

huggans.sean MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2012

Hello All, Just intorducing myself.

8. aurora72

aurora72 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2012
    hello

First things first: My aim is to modify the BIOS' white list as described in sbbala . com's famous Whitelist tutorial.

I have a Lenovo N500 3000 Model-Type: 4233-6QG (the version with no pre-installed Windows on it) it shows up as lenovo-TP6G on RW-everything's SLIC tab and SLIC Toolkit v3.2

View attachment 13332

I have downloaded and successfully installed Phoenix BIOS editor Pro 2.2.1.3, but after installing it it's got NO WPH or ROM files
    in C:\Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\TEMP no files at all, it's totally empty.

Where do I find the ROM or WPH files for Lenovo N500 3000 ?

Thanks!

Update: Alright, I've downloaded BIOS update files from Lenovo and after substracting it, I've spotted a file named "BIOS.WPH" and I've opened it by Phoenix BIOS editor and then \TEMP folder is populated.

9. MCSHammer

MCSHammer MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2012
    Does anyone have a valid SLIC MOD for

Shuttle SX48P2-E with BIOS SX48SE05 or SX48UE05 or even higher?

I saw some old posts, but none of the links are working - help would be highly appreciated!

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. cvikas

cvikas MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2008
    There are modding tools for all other bios except for the Insyde bios... can anyone please tell me how i can mod Insyde bios for my HP G42

12. pasw6

pasw6 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    I did look at theses tools, they are great for SLIC... but what is the best tools to unlock features for a newer crippled Insyde Bios ??

13. dedode

dedode MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2012
    many thanks to YEN :)

14. Nestor

Nestor MDL Junior Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Could someone tell me where I can download the tools & docs for manual modding (living hyperlinks)?
    I want to mod my old Award bios.
    You might think the Award Tool could do that but it could not read my rom properly (due to a probable bug) as I posted somewhere else previously.

Thanks.

15. Aeny

Aeny MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes..

I'm trying to modify the bios for a Dell Inspiron 1464/1564/1764. To be more specific I'm trying to replace an option rom. I can do this fine with the Phoenix bios mod too from AndyP but this results into a non working wph file. The laptops screen stays off when powered on and when an USB stick is inserted it will automatically try to flash the wph file if present. I'm replacing an oprom from a vga card that my particular motherboard does not use with a smaller oprom that was already included just to see if the result would properly boot the laptop. The only thing the tool tells me is that the new oprom is smaller than the old one, should I manually make them the same size by padding it with certain characters? Is there a CRC check or something I'm missing somewhere? What am I doing wrong? I managed to edit an oprom to overclock my gpu and that worked just fine, but replacing a whole module is a no go.

~Aeny

16. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hi

Not sure its the right place

I did read some documents like the : Practical_BIOS_Editing.pdf on another thread ...

Where in the bios is the module who manage the serial and parallel ports ??

thks

17. nk2919

nk2919 MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Hello,
    Can we disable me firmware without External Flash Programmer or bios dip pin, using only bios updater which also has function to backup bios ?
    thank you in advance.