Member's suggestion for giveaway and contest!

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007

it would be very sad to see your contributions to the community disappear.
    I for one can say THANK YOU for letting me take part and even benefit in some of your contests.
    truly in my eyes a great contribution here at MDL.
    your decision is yours and yours alone, but there are some that do care ....

2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Thank you for showing your concern and compliments but if you try to think in my place you'll realize how sad you'll feel when people start accusing you for something you never even dreamed of doing in reality.

I just tried to help members getting a free license of few software by introducing contest at this forums but never knew how people will react if they don't get what they want.

Secondly I don't have time to dedicate here. I've some personal requirements to look after..thats all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    @sid_16 if you want to stop, that is your own decision. But personnaly I like to thank you for all your work here :)

4. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I agree,it's his decision,but not doing the good work he 's doing is like a punishment for all good members of MDL.So sid_16 why are willing to do that.As we all respect you and appreciate you're good work.You should give it a second thought.Please don't let anger take over your decisions.I know you will cool down and you will go on with your good work.The ISSUE was solved and justice was served immediately.!So please go on and keep work up.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007

life is more important.
    I've learned that after my 50 years being here.
    All of the best for your endeavors.

6. humsearshad

humsearshad MDL Junior Member

May 8, 2014
    9 years :|

7. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    50+ on this earth not at MDL :)

8. ari_m

ari_m MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2015
    I am looking for a good password manager (Dashlane 3,LastPass 3.0 Premium, Sticky Password Premium, RoboForm Everywhere 7) lifetime license.

Too much password to remember now days:(.

9. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Check this link for One year Premium (free) though it's not lifetime but still better than nothing. :D

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    This would be so great!

HitmanPro.Alert 3

Protect your PC, data, identity and money

The unique technologies in HitmanPro.Alert 3 are designed to stop threats before they emerge and aims to protect your vulnerable software, data and identity against current and future attacks, without requiring prior knowledge of the attack or malicious program. Download now 4 MB, version 3 build 181. Supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP (SP3) [​IMG]
    Seals the gaps Antivirus programs are all designed to help catch the daily hundreds of thousands new malicious programs, the payload. Unlike this, HitmanPro.Alert can actually block the exploit (thus blocking its payload), without requiring prior knowledge of the abused weakness or the malicious program. It also makes malware belief it is running in an unwanted research environment, causing most sandbox-aware malware to terminate itself. Reveals the spies HitmanPro.Alert instantly detects over 99% of all known and new banking trojans and other spies. It automatically informs users when critical system functions are diverted to untrusted programs and effectively reveals the presence of any so-called Man-in-the-Browser malware. It also prevents attackers from abusing you own webcam. And by encrypting your keystrokes, HitmanPro.Alert protects your credentials while you work, play or shop online.
    [​IMG] Protects your data Since it is much harder for a malware-author to change the behavior of his malware (e.g. take files hostage), HitmanPro.Alert looks out for suspicious activity instead of working with virus signatures. If e.g. mass encryption is detected, HitmanPro.Alert's CryptoGuard technology will automatically neutralize the perpetrating program and restore the encrypted documents, without the need for any user intervention. Learn more about CryptoGuard [​IMG] Hardware-assisted Control-Flow Integrity HitmanPro.Alert 3 is the first and only commercially available exploit mitigation software capable of leveraging MSR hardware registers in your existing Intel® microprocessor to assist Alert's Control-Flow Integrity (CFI) analysis. And where other security software struggle with application compatibility, HitmanPro.Alert is compatible with other security solutions, including exploit mitigation software.
    [​IMG] Code mitigations HitmanPro.Alert 3 keeps an eye on program execution flow, prevents heap sprays and stops attacks that e.g. redirect exception handling to run unwanted malicious code. Without affecting regular program use, it also blocks sophisticated Return-Oriented Programming (ROP) attacks and exploits that abuse logic-flaws in widely-used or company specific software. [​IMG] Memory mitigations HitmanPro.Alert 3 is capable of per-application enforcement of Data Execution Prevention (DEP), Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) and Bottom-up ASLR memory protections; on current and legacy software without requiring the source code of the protected application, even on outdated Windows XP that no longer receives security updates from Microsoft.

11. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    JRiver Media Center

Hey Sid, How about organising a GA for JRiver Media Center v20 :g:
    ATM, I am using a cured version which somehow crashes every now & then (while playing media directly from explorer). So, if you can arrange a GA for this particular software then it'll be awesome. :D

12. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    SpyShelter Premium

https://www.spyshelter.com/

[h=1]SpyShelter is not just an anti keylogger[/h][h=3]Our software offers top notch, real time protection against known and unknown (zero-day) spy and
    monitoring software, like keyloggers, webcam loggers, and even sophisticated financial malware.[/h]
    [h=3]Nowadays, your privacy matters more than ever[/h]SpyShelter monitors behavior of all currently ongoing actions on your PC and allows you to prevent any action that malware attempts to make. Thanks to our unique technology, SpyShelter is capable of stopping both commercial and custom-made keyloggers, which cannot be detected by any anti-virus software. Since SpyShelter does not rely on any fingerprint database, you will not have to worry about zero-day malware – your registry, RAM and all applications are going to be protected from the moment you install SpyShelter. Compared to other security software, SpyShelter’s fast algorithm processing does not slow your computer down, making it suitable even for older computers.

13. Zamber

Zamber MDL Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Cyberghost Premium (Plus)
    HideMyAss
    ExpressVPN
    PrivateVPN

14. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    #134 sid_16, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    (OP)
    Hello all,
    I reopened this thread to know the opinion of other members about the rule for the giveaway/contest threads.

The problem I'm facing is, nobody bothers to read at least a line of the rule but starts posting 'count me in' thanks etc. whether s/he is a newbie or an older member.

I've clearly mentioned that if somebody is using a proxy/vpn service, s/he should disable it before posting in a giveaway/contest thread/s but who cares about it.

I've checked some post/s and caught few members using proxy service to enter in to a giveaway thread and I warned them thru PM and edited their posts. Furthermore, I don't have time to check each and every post for proxy/vpn, its members responsibility to maintain decency and decorum.

In the winrar thread the rule is a member with 30 posts count and a 3 months stay at MDL is mandatory but members with 1 to 10 posts are entered in the contest.

P.S Why did I made that rule? Its because the RAR lab people will be going on vacation from 23rd. Dec. and the license preparation will take them at least 2/3 working days.

The newbies or older and inactive member/s will not provide their info. required for RAR lab in 4 days time but only the active members can therefore I made that rule to receive the license in time before vacation.

What should be done for proxy users and lazy/inactive/newbie members? Your opinion is most welcome.:)

15. ppu

ppu MDL Junior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I can understand your situation, It is hard to convey the rules to all members, Try to lock the users posts / replies based on their Joined Date, No. of Posts and Activity (only in your thread) If this script is implemented you are all set. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Thanks
    ppu

16. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Thanks for your suggestion but who will write the script? Its the MDL Admin. decision.

17. sanjose

sanjose MDL Member

Jan 23, 2012
    #137 sanjose, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Well, given the fact this thread is closed, I dare to post here. Hope you don't mind sid or if you like you can remove it no problem.

I suggest a giveaway for Terabyte Unlimited, especially for BootIt Bare Metal and other great products from their creation.

19. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011

Okay! I reopened this thread.

I've sent request to many of the above mentioned software companies and waiting for their replies.

What will happen if they would agree to sponsor few licenses of the desired software? Would you all here at MDL agree to participate in the contest sharing this giveaway/contest in your FB/Twitter/G+ social media according to the software company rule? NO!!
    Live example of the just finished thread Roll Back Rx! Which company would sponsor licenses costing around 60$ each to a deserted thread?
    Nobody is backing me up in terms of participation or arrangements and writing reviews for the desired software and btw, I don't have enormous time to spend here checking each and every posts, wait for the winners, request to software vendors etc..