If God is Omniscient then Human is not free.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 9, 2013.

?

Free will doesn't exist If God is omniscient.

1. If yes, why?

35 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. If no, then how?

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Michael Moore, "Where to invade next?" (the French and Finish episodes to do with education, food, taxes etc.).

Use your military education, use a proxy, you techy... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Now, now, this really is funny!!!! :D A man who tries to take the proverbial Mickey and writes very long posts, even correcting people who he allegedly agrees with, bitches about somebody doing his own thing - could it be it's because it's done on him?!? :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I can't, don't have one.

4. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #1864 PCBONEZ, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    No.
    It's because your post was almost entirely about politics which is OT in this thread.
    I'm not going to perpetuate that huge amount of OT.

That and I agree with much of what you said about the US.
    Sorry to disappoint you.

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    OK...

Btw, organised religion is always "politics"... ;)

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Can we change the title of the thread into "If a fundamentalist state is omnipresent, Humans MUST fight for their freedom!"

When I say "fundamentalist state", I mean via its military, police, intelligence services, dependent judiciary etc. etc. etc.

We now know it wasn't just Stalin, Hitler, Duce, Franco, Homeini - but good ol' USofA, UK, Russia and so on and so forth.

I mean, an agnostic proposal, leaving the Q from the OP behind and actually debating our real world with its probs.

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @gorski: Perhaps another thread should be started along those lines.

In the US, we have separation of church and state, which is supposed to protect everybody from theocratic rule.

I can't honestly say whether or not that's working; the lines are blurred.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Hehe, I didn't mean it seriously (to change th thread's title) - in line with the nature of debate, as an agnostic, my proposal is going against "pro et contra" of an un-winable debate, towards one which might be more meaningful, maybe... :)

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #1869 Joe C, Feb 16, 2017
    You left out some Islamic states too
    Go over there and say you do not believe in Allah and see where that'll get ya
    (if ya do, try not to lose your head if your opposed)

Your view of freedom is of your perspective, Here you can say just about anything you want about any god of your choosing, Some places on this earth won't let you do that without being in fear of your existence, and those that are radical will make sure you will not be tolerated

10. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I liked this, I'm saving it in my collection of quotes.

11. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012

@gorski: That makes perfect sense to me. :)

@Mr.X: I didn't need a Thesaurus this time. :p

@Katzenfreund,Joe C: Yup.

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek: Blurred, the politicians are in bed with the church. It's a case of the blind leading the liars.

13. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012

Many people say that Prostitution is the oldest profession. Not Me. I say it's the church. ;)

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    :eek:

:confused:

:g:

Jeezzzuuusssss!!!!!:worthy:

Get a grip, dude...:mushy:

More so in some countries than others. In the US it is forbidden, however, it is not easy to police if the clergy openly advertises a party during election time (and worse) and the prosecutions are almost non-existent...

In some "old democracies" the head of the state/"sovereign" is the head of the Church (and you may have "blasphemy laws" still on the books, as it were [see the UK, one of "my" countries]) and so on...

In Croatia, Ireland, Poland and so on - it's dire!

It all goes back to Kant's little text on "What is Enlightenment?", I think... See my signature, please.

Maybe "power seeking" first, then shamanism/church was instrumentalised for "influence" purposes, over keeping one's power, sure...

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    translation error, we spell it like this; Khomeini
    be aware of the grammar police, they'll gitcha when your not look'n

16. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    But if you spell certain names correctly, the real police is alerted and comes after you.

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    :D

Nah, nah, nah, if you spell it like that (Anglo-Americans must get everywhere and "direct" everything), then "Homo homini Homeini" doesn't work! :D :D :D

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Homo Homeini???.....I would go too far with that one

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Jeezus, Joe...

Homo homini lupus
    (Hobbes) => Homo homini Homeini (who knows who?)

Oych...

20. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #1880 PCBONEZ, Feb 16, 2017
    Inclined to agree.
    If you adjust it to say "Religion" vs "The Church" I would strongly agree.
    "The Church" in that context has been around for a little over 2000 years.
    Religion has been around since cavemen telling stories over the fire. (Long before Prostitution.)

Neanderthals are known to have buried their dead so it's possible Religion has been around since before man. (Before Homo sapiens sapiens)