HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Utility]

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mazzif, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    #1 Mazzif, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    [UPDATE]10-23-2013[UPDATE]
    I had a user reply via Email stating error code 87 on their HP 8440p. After formatting their Boot disk with Windows ME boots files, the \output file did its job and cleared the TPM and password. Im still looking to see an Error Code 87 myself, and test a WinME boot disk, but if you are seeing it, feel free to try. Im not going to update the package with another set of boot files. You can just search for it for it. or allbootdisks.com/download/me.html

Also thanks to an internet user "Rob" who confirming via email, was brave and tested the output file from the 8560p on his 8560w. Here is what he had to say:
    "Just to let you know: the tool worked great! Another device to be added to your list of successfully tested laptops"

Also Have just confirmed on an Elitebook 6930p. Original BIOS stated an Error that the BIOS did not support feature to clear TPM. Updated BIOS 68PCU ver F.19 (6/8/2010) does support the feature and I was successful in clearing Administrator BIOS Password

View attachment 24696 View attachment 24697 View attachment 24698 View attachment 24699 View attachment 24700

3. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    [UPDATE]10-26-2013[UPDATE]
    v2.5 Released. Includes more support. This is the final version until further notice. If this can't produce a key you can use, I have no more options. I have been pouring over hundreds of offsets to produce this package. I have nothing left to offer. There is a new 'Make All' feature that will produce every single possible key that even I could produce. Use it to test against other models not on the list, or if one key shows as 'not supported'. It also creates a bat file to run all the files in sequence (it could be tiresome to run them one at a time). In my testing, using the bat file, some keys produced would lock up a system and id have to reboot, others just displayed a 'not compatible' error.

4. dexter90

dexter90 MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    yes use the windows me dos... and solved the problem.... very thank mazzif :)

5. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback dexter, Because now I have confirmation of this, I have since replaced the Win98 iso with a WinME boot disk iso.

6. damianno

damianno MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2013
    please help me

HI
    i have a proobok 6470b and your tools dosnt work to clear the bioss pass!

Serial number cnu312c41j
    7db8beca18a9e21191972dc65f064011 pls what i have to do?

7. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    I had one person say they cleared their Proboo 6470b. However, in the utility model selection list, there isn't an option for 6470b. I'm curious to know what model you are trying with, to produce a key. 6460b might be the closest. Did you try the 'Make All' option and try all keys? What is your BIOS Rev?

8. damianno

damianno MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2013
  9. ClassifiedRed

ClassifiedRed MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2013
    Hi Mazzif,

I have tried to reset the TPM on my HP6730b but have failed. I have also tried the Shotgun method but also with no luck.
    I would appreciate your assistance in trying to get this resolved and am at your disposal to test on my laptop to help improve your tool.

10. FriesL

FriesL MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2013
    Hi, Mazzif,

Greetings

Trying to work on the patch, from the drop down list, there seems to be a 8740p but i cant see the bin / exe files in the folder.. i am trying to run this on a 8740w.. hope you could help verify this?

Thanks.

11. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    How have you failed? Describe the steps or give some more information. What error messages if any are you seeing. Can you show screenshots? I wait for your reply.
    The 6730 should be supported, but I have none to test on.

12. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    I have no confirmed support for the 8740p at this time. The entry in the application list is an 'Error' on my behalf and was left in from my testing. It will be removed. The 8730w is the highest I have support for. It may be possible a key can be produced from a like model. I recommend the "Make All" to produce all keys available and run using the shotgun.bat file. This will run the keys sequentially and any non functioning keys will be stepped over and move on to the next. hopefully one will stop and unlock. I'm sorry for any false hope I may have given based on my error.

13. leosedf

leosedf MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2010
    Hey Mazzif! That's a great tool!
    I managed to generate my files and boot with them but unfortunatelly there is no .bin file for the 6470b and even though i run shotgun.bat (i have generated the files correctly) i still have a locked BIOS.

Any clues?

regards

14. leosedf

leosedf MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2010
    Well....
    HP unlocked it for me using a *.bin file.

15. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    At least HP was there for you. Others, not so much. I don't have most of the models in the Probook/Elitebook line up. This makes it harder to add support for models. the 6470 is one that I get asked about frequently. I just don't have a solution for that model yet. But its kind of like me saying, "look, I can paint your house in these 5 colors, for free, if your house supports it." and then people get sad at me because I don't offer a 6th color, or because their house doesn't support the color. I can only do what I can do, and I am happy to help the ones that I can, and always look to help others when I have the time.

That being said, I updated the App, the DL is still in my OP video. I've added support for the 6530p and a new feature to Get the UUID from within Windows. This saves quite a bit of headache!

On a side note...if anyone here is good with compressed bin files, I have collected about 12 SMC.BIN files from HP. I cant tell what model they were for other then one or 2 of them. I dont have UUID or the SN for them either. But maybe with a good collection, someone more skilled then me can see what going on and come up with a more universal solution. These BIN files get placed on a FAT32 formatted USB and with the USB inserted into laptop, booting pressing Win+Up+Down and then Pressing F10 @ HP Logo invokes something to run the BIN and clear the pass.

16. leosedf

leosedf MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2010
    Yeah they responded within two hours from the time i opened the case. They also sent me a new battery (wtf?:druff:)
    I can send you my .bin file if you need it.

17. theospider

theospider MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2013
    Hi there was looking to help with testing out some HP Elitebooks I have access to them where I work.

18. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    The DOS version that I've been writing in C is just about ready for release! It's faster, and now even more easy to recover from a forgotten or lost BIOS password. The new system coded from the ground up, and written in pure C, will get your system UUID and SN automatically. Its going to be so simple! It's menu driven, so just boot to USB, select your model and it will do the rest. No more entering 10 digit serial numbers, no more miss-typed 32 character UUIDs! Hell, no more typing anything. No more booting to windows for key creation. It does it all in one stop. I hope to have a working version with at least 10 Models supported by end of year. As of now I have a compiled EXE with no errors or warnings. The HP 6550b, 2530p, 6930p, 8530w, are done and tested with the 8460p in test stages right now. Well I'm excited about it anyways. Just wanted to post an update. :spoton:
    View attachment 25946
    View attachment 25948

19. hartklep

hartklep MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2012
    Problems with HP EliteBook 6930p (FL488AW#ABH)
    I get this error message.

Clear all passwords...
    The currrent Bios does not support this feature.
    Reboot the system.

I can't update the Bios because i have no password.
    Do you have a solution?

BIOS Type:COMPAQ
    BIOS Date:November 10th, 2008
    BIOS ID:68PCU Ver. F.0E
    BIOS OEM:68PCU Ver. F.0E
    Chipset:Intel 2A40 rev 7
    SuperIO:Unknown
    Make/Model:Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 6930p (FL488AW#ABH)

Regards

20. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Long shot here, but please try and reply back

1. Download the BIOS from hp support and drivers of 6930p, then extract the exe file.

2. Get the new version of the BIOS rom file, there are two, one is ROM.CAB, another is 68CVD.bin in Rompaq folder.I am not sure which one works, so I copied both to the root folder of a USB drive.

3. Then turn off the 6930p, plug in the USB drive with new version of ROM file.

4. Holding the "Windows" key and "B" key (Win+B), then hit the Power button.

5.See "Cap Lock" indicator light is flashing, and nothing shows on the LCD screen.

6. After couple seconds, the light on the USB flash drive is blinking, this means hopefully it is reading the BIOS rom
    from the USB. Release the Win+B at this moment.

7. After that it takes a while to upgrade the BIOS, and reboot 2-3 tims.

8. At last it would show me some BIOS recovery information on the screen.

9. Enter the windows, check the BIOS version to confirm it has already been upgrade.

10. Run my tools to reset BIOS Pass