How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Busykid508, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
    #401 Serg008, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. budisatriyadi

budisatriyadi MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2017
    #403 budisatriyadi, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Dear Nice guys,

Beginning when i want to play PES2017 on windows 7 64bit at my Dell n4110 core i3 RAM 4Gb Intel HD3000, VRAM is so little just 64Mb so the game is lagging to play. I search any articles/threads to configure VRAM on desktop until bios, but didn't work until now.
    Then i see this thread, and think it useful for me.
    The another problem is how can i configure the Phoenix BIOS so can appear selection of VRAM?
    My dell BIOS is N4110A12.
    Maybe any someone can help me to learn step by step to solve or show me any threads or articles to solve this matter.

Thank you and regards
    Busat
    :worthy:

4. edi123123

edi123123 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2017
    #404 edi123123, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Hi,

I'm new on this forum as a writer. I was reading some topics to resolve my problems and in all situations there were some solutions.
    Thank you for helping each other.

I didn't read all of 41 pages of this Thread.

To my thing.

I have Dell Studio 1535 with instaled Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows Vista Home Premium OEM key. I bought it with clean Windows 7 instaled.

In Bios there was the same Windows key that Windows 7 was registered.

I read that my Dell was produced less than 6 moths before Windows 7 comes up.
    In that key Windows Vista can be upgrade to Windows 7 without any problem for free.

Before i read this article (there was no reason to search it) i formated my Dell and install Windows 7 without enter a Key.

Windows don't want to register.
    Started searching and find that is SLIC 2.0 in my Dell...

Have two option install Vista and upgrade to 7 or install Bios Mod with SLIC 2.1.
    I decided to install Bios Mod:)

There was no Bios Mod for this model so I decided to make it.

Did everything with tutorial.
    Used dynamic, not SSV2.

Everything goes well, even install Bios without a battery (in USB DOS with /forceit)

Turn on the computer and there is SLIC 2.1 but with other Windows Key.
    I read that information it will be like this, no frustration.

Using slmgr.vbs Vista Home Premium OEM Key with Dell Certificate 2.1 registered the Windows 7 Home Premium.:clap:

Until now everything is good.

I upgrated Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 (using setup from pendrive on turn on Windows 7, not clean instalation with format).

I didn't enter any Key.

Win 10 was succesfully instaled and registered but Product key is from Bios (from this tutorial first post DELL SLIC 2.1 file implemented to my Bios)

slmgr.vbs doesn't work on Windows 10.:weep:

I read that people with installed other key they have implemented from factory lose registered Windows and ability to register Windows with original Key they had (identification with device Service Tag or something else specific to their device).
    Don't know it's true.

Is there any way to change the Key product in Bios?

I read something about DELL tool to change product key in Bios, and more i remember that i was on site with this tool file to download but it was unnecessary for me then and i closed tab without download. Now I cant find it in my history.
    Search in internet make no results too.

If there's no way to do this (maybe ^it^ was a dream),
    can I change the Key product in SLIC file before implement it to clean bios?

I can modify Bios again and install it.

I forgot to add.

Using HexEditor
    I opened DELL SLIC file from tutorial. No result in finding product key there.
    I opened DELL BIOS .exe instalation file with implemented SLIC 2.1. No result.

In other Bios instalations there is some option to change it with Phoenix Bios Editor but this specific Dell Bios file can't be opened with this program (any of clean Bios and Bios with SLIC 2.1)

Read about turn a virtual machine on, open .exe Bios intalation and copy files from temporary files in our base system.

When i have specific files maybe I can modify the product key, make new .exe file and install Bios again.

I will do this tommorow and write about.

Thank You for involvement.

Regards

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. edi123123

edi123123 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2017
    #406 edi123123, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Thanks for reply.

My first post is long... And I didn't wrote some things.

I saved Bios.rom with some backup Bios tool. It worked but I get .rom file unnable to open in phoenix bios editor.
    I think it is same with .rom file which I get with cmd and /wrotefilerom or something like that (don't remember). It can't be opened too with phoenix bios editor. And file size is same. Almost 2 times bigger than .exe.
    So I think I have good .rom files. But this specific file can't be open.

WITH SLP

1. Yes.

2. I registered OEM WIN 7 with slmgr.vbs -ipc (cert Dell 2.1) and slmgr.vbs -ipk my key from bios before instal bios mod.
    Upgrade to WIN 10 and the Product Key in Windows changed and activate my WIN 10. It is possible that I get correct (other) product key than I had registered OEM WIN 7?

My old key from Bios is from Vista I think. I bought this laptop with WIN 7 but label on case is for Vista OEM. It could have Vista and upgrade to WIN 7 (no updated SLIC require, I think).
    Maybe if someone take some movements I want to do with product key (Vista Home Premium OEM Key ---> upgraded WIN 7 Home Premium OEM key ---> upgraded WIN 10 Home key) Microsoft change key to the same physically license whitch I have.

In Phoenix bios mod if I choose my Bios A06 I can't add any SLP file. Only Slic file can be added.
    I remember (in first post I think) that Dell Slic.bin file have slp file inside...

Is there any way to change Windows serial which will be instaled after bios mod?

I want to keep it with original product key in bios.

3. Ok.

4. It was shortcut.
    Sorry.

Regards

7. hell1134

hell1134 MDL Novice

May 18, 2017
  8. lqthai

lqthai MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
  9. mzuri

mzuri MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2018
    Hello
    Dell 1420 again. I know that this was modded to SLIC long time ago and I am happy to mod it myself for a friend to install Win 7.

Usual question: How do I unpack the .exe? I used cmd
    \filename.exe /writeromfile - gives me .rom file (is this the right one)
    \filename.exe /writebinfile - gives error
    \filename.exe /writehexfile - gives error

Next question how do I repack modded bios for flashing.

Thank you!

10. mzuri

mzuri MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2018
    Ok I have directly moded opening the bios exe file in phoenix tool and using dynamic method. Time to try if bios works!

11. Counter

Counter MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2012
    hello
    how to flash moded insyde bios?

1.i've unpack HP bios file ( *.fd to *.bin)
    2.moded bin with phenixtool
    and now how to get *.fd from moded bin?
    insydeflash tool and flas**t.exe can't flash my new bin.

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Counter

What is the exact model of the laptop?

13. Counter

Counter MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2012
    thanks a lot ))
    no help needed
    l unlocked slic with nbdmifit

14. Justme2011

Justme2011 MDL Novice

May 8, 2011
    I have used the Phoenix tool to create a Slic2.4 bios for Optiplex 755 A22 Bios. Phoenix tool creates modded bios but it ends up with .HDR file not a .EXE like the original bios file. How do I flash the .HDR or am I missing something.

Thanks for any help.

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. Aggel321

Aggel321 MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2018
    Hello all,

I have a problem with a Dell 1737 A09 Bios. When trying to mod it to be (hopefully able) to use Quad core CPU's it already stalls right at the beginning. See the partial screenshots for the errors encountered. Also the log is below.

Can anyone maybe shed some light on my issue?

Ta, Axel

dell1.jpg dell2.jpg

Start Extracting

Finished Extracting
    No module compression used
    Dell BIOS
    Failed to extract HDR file.
    (For old Dell BIOSes ensure you have set the memory sizes to 640/16384/16384 in File Right click -> Properties)

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  18. Aggel321

Aggel321 MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2018
    Hey tito,

sorry for coming back so late. But to run the latest version I have to swap HDD's because I am still happily running XP SP3.

However I tried it and it failed exactly with the same error and error messages.

Any ideas?

Ta, Axel

19. dennt

dennt MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2009