How to Use New Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to Modify Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios Files

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Busykid508, Nov 30, 2009.

1. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skram0

Skram0 MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2010
    Got some questions on an MSI H81M-E33. The downloaded BIOS is named E7817IMS.610 and comes with AFUDE238.exe. It's not a .ROM or .BIN, but uses the version # as the extension. But Phoenix Tool 2.8 seems to read it okay.
    EFI / Insyde BIOS
    Finished Extracting
    Tiano module compression method used

Then it has 7 lines of 'SLIC' string found in ...

I guess the string found lines are normal? Which method would be best to choose, Module, Dynamic, or SSV2? And when I select the RW file, is that all that needs to be done? As long as no error messages, then everything most likely went okay?

3. coyotearg

coyotearg MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2013
    hello, first of all, thank you for this very good manual to edit bios, I have a question if you could help, I need to edit the AO751h acer bios since the original bios was erased from the chip and the. WPH weighs 1045 kb Manufacturer and the chip is 1024kb, how could I do to edit?, from and appreciate your help, ah sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina, thanks

4. ucupsz

ucupsz MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2013
    This is the same case with Thinkpad BIOS starting **30 series (T430, X230, etc)
    looking at the EFI structure of bios using Phoenix tool, there's a module called 'LenovoFlashProtectPei.efi'
    could that be the part that should be 'checked'?

any info on zotac's bios?

thx.

5. jasper123

jasper123 MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2013
    Great advice on here

6. juliusthecat

juliusthecat MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi. Im new in modding bios...and although I have red almost all the posts, I can´t find a solution to my problem. I have a VGN Fz18e, from Sony. The motherboard died and I bought a new one from Ebay. The only problem is that inside the bios it appears Model 9x instead the original FZ18E and the serial number is not the one attach on the sticker in the laptop. My question is, how do I change this parameters in order to proceed, afterwards, to mod it? And where can I find a original bios from Phoenix R1120J7?
    Thank you very much in advance!

7. e-lumino

e-lumino MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2014
    Can I use the Phoenix Bios Mod Tool to change the "Product Name" field on an HP EliteBook 8470p? I want the BIOS to show the Product Name of the virtually identical HP ProBook 6470b.

I want everything else to remain as it is.

I tried using DMIScope but that generates an error:

"BIOS of your computer was not able to modify selected DMI structure (BIOS return code 81h).
    You may need to update your BIOS with version supporting update of DMI information. Please contact manufacturer of your computer for BIOS update."

Help greatly appreciated.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. e-lumino

e-lumino MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2014
    SMC blob

Looks like I'm still stuck, for probably the same reasons as with DMIScope.

The only part of NbDmiFit11D that seems compatible is the the wndmifit tool, and it gives me this error message when I launch it in Win 8.1 Pro:

"MPM is not unlocked. Will not be able to set BIOS settings.
    Please escalate with UUID to get SMC blob to unlock MPM"

I assume there isn't any way around this on the x470x HP BNB computers...

Anyone? Anyone?

10. e-lumino

e-lumino MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2014
    [SOLVED]

Acquired SMC.BIN file. Manufacture mode enabled, wndmifit tool worked great while booted right to Windows 8.1 x64. Had to boot while pressing Window/Up/Down arrow keys with a FAT32 formatted flash drive with nothing but the SMC.BIN file on the drive. As soon as HP logo appears, release keys. Manufacturer Mode is then enabled. Boot up into Windows and use wndmifit to rebrand. Press Commit & Lock and that's all.

Thank you, Tito!

11. roti17

roti17 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    Problem with a HP 650 Notebook

Hi, I have to recover my BIOS of a HP 650 notebook. I read in several forums what I have to do but with all manuals I come to the point where I don' t have the correct file.

I downloaded the original BIOS from the HP homepage. It contains to ld.-files. Now I have to convert these files in a .sig and a .big file. I tried this with phoenix mod tool but it didn't work. The mod tool starts working and always gives "Not Phoenix/Dell/Insyde/EFI Bios". I have no option to enter a manufactor.

What can I do?????

12. Kefaspeter

Kefaspeter MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2014
    Intel X9100 3.06GHz compatible with DELL Inspiron 1720???

Hi therealmatt,

this might be too late a reply, but I cannot find the answer anywhere on google. I have Dell Inspiron 1720, bought in 2008. It has 6 years, but works perfectly. I got a nice SSD recently, which made a huge difference. I also upgraded RAM from 2 GB to 6GB. And now I'm trying to get the best possible CPU compatible with the PM965 chipset.
    I discovered that Intel x9000 2.8GHz extreme is the fastest possible CPU, but I also found your post, where you as the only one say that you have Intel X9100 (3.06GHz / 1066MHz FSB) on your Dell Inspiron 1720.
    I found it hard to believe it, as the chipset officially only supports CPUs with 800MHz FSB, but if it really is compatible with the chipset and with the laptop, then it's great and I would definitely go for this CPU.
    Could you please confirm to me that you really have this laptop, chipset and that it works with the X9100?

I would also like to get a modded BIOS that would allow me to fully utilize both the CPU for OCing, as well as utilizing 8GB RAM instead of 6GB, and 800 MHz instead of 667 MHz only. So far I cannot find the right modded BIOS for the laptop (as DELL A09 is of course locked and limited). Link for that would also be very helpful.

Your reply and confirmation would be of a great help to me.

Many thanks for your reply in advance.

Kefaspeter

13. przemo_one

przemo_one MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2013
  14. ntcuantico

ntcuantico MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2013
    Hello, anyone here can help me with my BIOS? :confused:
    Is a Netbook intel clasmate is the buy it for my daughter, but while one began to show error messages TPM.
    There is a way to disable that module? since in the menu of the bios not found

From already thank you very much

15. forsaken123

forsaken123 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2010
    i have a lenovo u310 4375 with win 7 pre, by curiosity i updated to bios 65cn99ww and its not any good as its for u310 win 8 versions. i have tried to reinstall the 65cn21ww bios i had before. however it seems impossible to revert back, i have tried various bioses and ways, it always 223 error, or "not valid img" or something. the only thing that worked was a 65cn99ww modded bios, mod.bin that worked. So is it possible to modify a 21 bios to replace my current?

16. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Ive got a Acer Aspire 9500 (Modell DQ70).

Mainboard: Compal Stork (Chipset i915PM/GM, Southbridge 82801FBM (ICH6-M)

Pentium M 760 @ 2 GHz

Insyde Software MobilePRO Version 4.20.10, using the "Acer HQD70" Bios 1.60. (512kb)

Right after startup it additionally says "Insyde ACPI Bios 4.20.09" short before initialising the HDD and the CD-Rom.

I made a backup of the 1.60 using the "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0" but couldnt open it.

I downloaded the 1.70 : (cant post links yet)

h**p://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_v1.70.zip?acerid=633643257974888117&Step1=Not ebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%209500&OS=X01&LC=d e&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_8

No tool can open this ROM either. (Andy's Tool, Phoneix Bios Editor Pro etc.)

There is no sign of LZMA or any other compression method, when viewing the ROM in a hex editor

I then extracted the winflash.exe and the platform.ini does not have the line "MODEL="

What to do next ?
    Any additonal info is welcome. :)

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It is old Insyde bios & there is no documented way for modifying it.

18. datapersada

datapersada MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2012
    How to add oprom with this tools?

19. mkoyskip

mkoyskip MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2011
    IdeaPad S12 SLIC 2.1

Tired, and searching doesn't seem to help ATM.

Looking to SLIC 2.1 an IdeaPad S12 (Intel, not VIA). I don't mind trying myself but could use some pointers in the correct dirction.. there is no BIOS available. Yes I have searched & searched for info.

My latest idea is to use the phoenixtool259 but i'm having trouble finding exact instructions on how to use it.

Thanks in advance!!