How to make your own Vista OEM DVD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by urie, Jun 30, 2008.

1. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
  2. ewf45

ewf45 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    Thank you a lot, that is a very good explanation.

I pretty much got it now, just some more last questions

1- Yes, please upload the acer Folders $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM in order to make it easer for me
    2- Is there a way to change the logos and stuff ? (from dell to acer).
    3- My laptop came with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, is there a way that I can use the same procedure to install windows 7? or it wont match the SLIC KEY of my BIOS so it wont work?

Thank you for all your help, you are resolving all my doubts.

3. ewf45

ewf45 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    I burned the ISO everything worked good!,thank you very much

I have another computer that I want to know if it has SLIC 2.0 or SLIC 2.1 I tried with everest but for some reason it doesn't show that, is there another way to know that info?

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Slic dump toolkit ofc ourse, or you can try windows loader, you can try activate vista or 7 with oem:slp method or you can use biosmod..

5. ShadowAnimal

ShadowAnimal MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2011
    cool :D Thanks man!

6. zmalk

zmalk MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    thank you very much

7. jojam

jojam MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    HI! I've been reading this thread for a while and I need help on the installation of operating system(vista home premium 32bit) on my hp laptop. The hard disk has failed and I have no recovery disk so I got one from some site but unfortunately it didnt work(Vista OEM untouched) it rejected the key saying that it was not a valid windows vista key. Microsoft says I need a hp recovery disc which I don't have or I need to borrow one but I don't know which one will work(And I don't want to borrow one). Here, I followed the instructions but when I got to step 3, I can locate the xrm-ms file and there is no oem folder in system 32. Maybe I should get a new copyof vista, I saw someone post links to a retail version of vista(I think). Please help!:)

8. yohannes

yohannes MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    Many Thanks !!

9. watsonr93

watsonr93 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2011
    Create a new text file and copy paste the text and now making the folder and take the file matches to bios and copy the file in a folder.Use UltraIso or PowerIso to make iso of your Vista then open it . that is the simple way to make own dvd.

10. thesavo

thesavo MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2011
    Hello all. I see this is still an active thread. Some of you are getting the error 0x80070570 .

I have a wim from a Syspreped Vista SP1. It came from the recovery partition of a Toshiba laptop. I used CTRL +Shift + F3 to get out of OOBE to install SP2 and updates.

I was able to take the original vista sp1 wim, and place it on a Vista SP0 install disc from a Dell Vista 32bit Business cira 2006 Disc . I had the change the FLAGS option in IMAGEX, to fool the installer. I set the flag to "Business" like the DELL wim used. The recovery wim was then tested in Oracle VM. IT work great. The trouble i am running into is SP1 wim works, but the SP2 wim, which i 'captured' 3 or 4 times results in that hex error.

What am I doing wrong? how can SP1 work ok, but SP2 falls on its face @ "Expanding files"?

11. pkira

pkira MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2011
    tell me about it.

12. pkira

pkira MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2011
    many thanks!!!!:worthy:

13. snowking

snowking MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2011
    Acer OEM Vista Home Premium

Hello guys!

I've got an Acer 7520 laptop without hard drive. Set the new one and now I'd like to install Vista Home Premium (there's a sticky note on the back of the device with the key).

I tried to read this thread but was really confused of too many ways of solving this problem.

Can anyone give me stepby step instruction what do I have to do to get Windows with my OEM key?

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Just use windows loader and it will install key and cert for you.

15. snowking

snowking MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2011
    tcntad,

But as I see, first of all I have to install Windows Vista Home Premium. But where can I get the ISO for that?

And windows loader will install my key, which I have to specify somewhere?

16. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Check the first stickied thread.
    No. Just run and press install.

17. snowking

snowking MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2011
    I did, but there's only the information about the creation of OEM disc. And I even don't know where to get the initial distributive of Vista Home Premium 32?