[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v3.55

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #1 LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    honestly guys, you want MS to bring you a perfect new os and you do everything to block their telemetry. You do not deserve a better os like the one they brought you in the past. Period

3. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #3 LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    (OP)
    agreed but Transparency and ability to shut it down should be available

there so many users use this OS and know nothing about this

Microsoft making too many one-side steps lately

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yes, but not in a preview stage where they try to collect valuable data to improve the system. later, when RTM is out and they still continue to do BS on our data, I certainly agree with blocking the flow. Everyone who is afraid to provide "data" ... lol, easily can stop the previewing ... that easy

5. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    still the hanger for ppls for new OS after failing with tablet OS aka windows 8.1
    make them in unpleasant situation

like making phone with limited space size and make pay for cloud

6. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Speaking of transparency, I think it would have helped a lot to keep people calm if MS communicated what kind of data gets transmitted, or provided more thorough information on what they are collecting and how. I guess it feels just strange for many folks having a few daemonic services running in the background without knowing how they do what they do.

7. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    There are dozens of background programs that run when Windows boots that 99.9% of Windows users could not tell you about if asked...;) (True of all OSes, not just Windows.) Open the Task Manager and look at the "Detail" and "Services" tabs...Lots of stuff Windows has to run to function that the end user is not consulted about nor given a "choice" as to whether he like to run it...;) Microsoft has already said there is no "keylogger" running in Win10TP and I believe them because it makes no sense at all that Microsoft would want to put a "keylogger" in Win10TP. The idea is actually very funny..:D OTOH, I *want* Microsoft to see how I use the software so they can make it better and more inline with my preferences. That's the kind of info they want and the kind of info I'm pleased to let them have. All this "spying" paranoia is juvenile in the extreme.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Anyone downloading a preview OS knows exactly what they're getting into, if you don't you should sell your PC and buy a banana

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    made a brief correction for ya

10. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    u making people's data and privacy a joke
    even its preview version its not mean its allowed to take this data one-sided

11. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    You may also make you system unstable by doing this, too. Just don't do anything too important, or private on the Preview, and you will be fine. I just don't why people are reacting out of proportion to what MS is doing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    best that could happen to you is that your way to watch "delicate" movies is monitored the way they run. If not you can be happy they fix it and you have better quality later on. Be sure they do not collect your movie preferences because they probably have better access to such data as you can imagine. Running a banking acc over a preview is kind of a suicide thing but even there I doubt they read your data since you are the only one with unique access and so on ...
    All this paranoia is so funny ....

13. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #13 LiteOS, Oct 9, 2014
    (OP)
    so switching from OS to OS, that is not a solution...
    for the user nor microsoft

Microsoft should just a add a txt file with all the stuff that logged, just the topics in general...

14. shawnsdada

shawnsdada MDL Junior Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You're talking about a PREVIEW that's sole purpose is to GATHER FEEDBACK

You're using it just so you can say you have Windows 10 installed. Nothing more than that.

You paranoid morons keep acting like this is the final RTM version. None of you should be allowed anywhere near computers. I'm surprised they don't blow up from the amount of stupidity that flows from your fingers and into the keyboards.

15. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    we are talking about a technical, unfinished preview and not a ready for sale operating system

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    After checking for several days how it works on my main machine i went back to Win 8.1 :cool2:. Couldn't find any real show stoppers in the Preview. Rest of the testing can be done in VM.

Will switch back to the Preview backup when there is more to explore.

17. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    and still same people used it as main OS....

18. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    #18 s1ave77, Oct 9, 2014
    Didn't you want to leave :g:?

Btw, give that stuck record a little push :cool2:.

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Yeah, I am over the TP for now, ran it in VM, on the old Optiplex755, and latest HP Pavilion's. All appears pretty friendly (lmao), the users at the office are happy with the start menu lol. Anyway, back to Dos until moaarrrr from MS comes out :p

I used to stomp on the floor and the needle would bounce. Sometimes to an entirely different song! lol

20. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    My hopes are with StartIsBack+ and AeroGlass, as that Start Menu isn't worth to be mentioned and default Win 8/8.x/10 UI is plain fugly :cool2:.