Flashing BIOS?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Nongshim, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Ok so HP released an updated BIOS for my PC (updated uefi security etc.), I downloaded it and installed it, it does it pretty much automatically, it restarts and away she goes. So it's all finished, and then I check the BIOS, my settings are still the same and it shows the new version. Is it all good? Any steps need to be taken from here? Thanks.

PS. I noticed the old BIOS install says SSM Supported: Yes, while this new one is SSM Supported: No.
    Anything?

Thanks again.

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Nothing else to do unless you want to Google SSM supported and see what it does

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

Well I have no idea what ssm really does lol, so I'm assuming I don't need it. Also there is nothing for a rollback in my UEFI also you can not install older ones because HP wants you to have the newest one. So I guess a rollback is not necessary for me? Also can a BIOS update affect video playback? Just curious.

5. ha14

ha14 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2016
    Bios tells computer how to boot, fix hardware compatibility, support modern hardware..possible to damage video card by flashing GPU BIOS...maybe to restore mothergoard BIOS orginal settings by booting into BIOS...

6. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

No everything is fine, it's just my OCD, my graphics adapter isn't damaged. Also my PC is an all in one (think a laptop on your desk), so everything is integrated, I only have one BIOS (PC). I don't Overclock but I reset BIOS settings anyways. I updated BIOS because of some new uefi fixes and updates.

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i would leave just the way it is if is running fine... u can kill your mobo in another reflash...did u read the specs for the updated version maybe SSM is not supported in new version....if u have doubts call HP.