Do you have a serious disease?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Tiger-1, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #1 Tiger-1, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Hi as title say this thread is for comment about ONLY for serious diseases;SO I hope that all understand avoid useless posts thanks.
    well so I start I have cirrhosis hephatic since 2013 when in december of 2013 suddenly I call my wife and tell: my love I have some problem because I don't eat more nothing and I'm very thin!! then I get my old Uno Fire and let's go @140 km/hour as one crazy driver! to http://www.hospitalsaopaulo.org.br/quem-somos and call for emergency then after huge lot of exams the big team of doctor's afirm that I have this disease so until now I have to make several exams almost every month is one torture for me because I and my wife live inside E.P.A (Enviromental Protected Area) so since this time I haven't car (rust eat my little car) I need wake ever @ 03:00 of morning and get my bike about 3 km until get the bus :mushy: + 3 hours until come to Hospital realy is very dificult to me still the most strange is that until now the team of doctor's don't know how I get this disease!! (remembering that before I'm was addicted to alcohol + tweed our good friend Timesurfer know something related to tweed), for at least 40 years and I don't have none issues, never have issues with my job or friends and neighbors today I'm pure as one little baby only need suffer all until end of my life unfortunately ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    So do I. I can't help it but use my brain and that always gets me into trouble, 24/7, 365/1 and all that...:biggrin:

On top of that I married a Brazilian, so I empathise with you, m8... :D

Just went under the scalpel, thankfully nothing really serious...

(Wifey would kill me if she saw this, hehehe! :D )

Get well and recover fully - I hope - soon!!!:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I had an early menopause (at 13). I have been receiving HRT, and one of the side-effects was a 4mm brain tumor that's located in the posterior of my pituitary gland. Initially, it was treated with bromocryptine, which put me in a psychiatric hospital with suicidal depression. I have since switched medications (cabergoline) and things have stabilized.

Unfortunately, the illness took its toll. I ended up gaining almost 80 pounds and ended up getting type II diabetes. It took about 4 months, but I managed to lose about 60 pounds.
    Fortunately, the type II diabetes went away, and my sugar is normal.

@Tiger-1: I hope you do well, my friend.

@gorski: Same here. :D

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I have osteoarthritis but my wife has psoriatic arthritis and she is much worse off, which means painful self injections of embrel but they are going to switch over to humira, She still gets the injections but with humira it'll only be bi-weekly.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @gorski & MJ thanks for the sweet words I and my wife stay realy very happy :hug2: and in another hand I know that here is forum of topics high-tech but for some reason I need know if some another member also have issues so is good know and confort them in some manner; is not my intention make thought controversial or something seemed still @MJ I hope that you stay very good at least for more than 100 years @gorski get same sincerely words as I make for MJ :)

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Joe C oh my God!! I haven't words to express for you simply I hope that you and your wife stay good soon, still although I don't know nothing about humira anyway I can search and who know if maybe is good for my wife because she also have issues with osteoarthristis (she are 74) I hope that yes have a good day dude and health a lot ever :):biggrin:

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Tiger-1: I don't call it "making something controversial". I call it sharing your pain. And if I am willing to call you my friend, at the very least, I can have empathy and compassion and listen to you.

@Joe C: I wish you and your wife the best. My mom suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis. My hands are starting to get bad too. I used to be able to build electronic prototypes for hours. Now, I'm lucky if i can work for an hour or so before my hands start cramping up and my knuckles hurt so bad that I have to stop for the rest of the day.

I wonder how many of us, as children, wished for some kind of super-power. I did. I wished for the ability to lay my hands on another person and heal them.
    What I found was that, just by listening to the problems of others, you put your own problems in perspective, and you can help them to deal with the trials of their own lives.

That's as close to healing others as any of us can get.

With that said, I am always here to listen, whether in public or in private.

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Have your Mrs. try methotrexate first because it is much cheaper. I do not know the cost of humira but that embrel was $4,000.00 a month. Insurance covered all but $40. monthly. Had to wait several weeks to get ok'd from insurance to switch

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @MJ well after read these words I'm feeling better trust me :clap:I always are available for anything that you need thanks sincerely :)
    @Joec C thanks for good info I can search here this remedy tomorrow I want my wife good again and I hope God also help me :)

10. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Hating google count as disease?! :unsure: :sneaky::g:

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @CK what happen dude?? :eek:

12. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  13. hongta

hongta MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2017
    No I don't

14. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I once told my doctor if she was a good veterinarian she would give me a couple of sugar cubes load the shotgun and walk me behind the barn , would I be any kinder to my body if I knew I would live this long NOOOOOO its been a great ride I'm 75 now and believe me its not my fault ive lived this long, :biggrin: but with age come's the every thing is worn out stage you only know it works because it hurts, but in the end begins the next great adventure !

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    One thing I know for sure.... getting old ain't for pussies

16. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I have been a insulin dependent diabetic (type 1) for 56 years, still healthy & active.

17. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @MrG yay I'm very happy to know dude congrats :clap: yet I hope you stay fine for +50 :biggrin:

18. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Thank you Tiger,
    after my last blood test my Doctor (GP) said I have another 40 years left in me if I keep doing what I'm doing :rolleyes:

19. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis in april of 2014 it attacks my lungs and is hell to live with considering i was a very active person.
    I was also diagnosed with lung cancer in early February of 2017 and had a tumour the size of a golf ball removed successfully in late February, i also had a third of my lung removed.
    My outlook on life has changed considerably. :hug2:

20. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Alphawaves: It's good to see you around. I hope you're feeling better.

In New York City, we had a radio station called WCBS FM. A morning DJ named Harry Harrison (R.I.P.) used to open his show with this line.

"Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.".

:hug2: