[DISCUSSION] Problems with Windows 10 (1703 RS2) Build 15063

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JBenal, Mar 26, 2017.

1. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but RS2 changes the behavior of libraries. I have had a separate partition with my libraries in it - Documents, Videos, Music, Pictures. I had used the library properties to change the location to the other partition so I could restore my C drive if necessary without messing with my Libraries. I just discovered this morning that RS2 created new libraries and copied my files from the other location, but now I can't use properties to change the location to the other partition. I have no idea why they did this. It has been the same for as long as I can remember. Anyone have any idea how to change the location of the libraries, like maybe a registry tweak? Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    You've got to be kidding me! This is ridiculous. Why would they not allow changing the location of libraries? I swear it seems as if MS is using IOS as a model of how to make an operating system for PC's. Yes, IOS on a PC. That's what they're doing. They are slowly and methodically working towards turning my PC into an ipod. And now some sort of hack will have to be made to fix the library location problem.
    I don't have a solution as I haven't installed RS2, and am in no hurry to, considering all the BS that MS is doing. Your post really got me mad about it. I try to not post without a solution or some contribution to the thread but, like I said, this type of thing p***** me off.

3. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    So far, it's the only thing about RS2 that I don't like, but I would really like a fix for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    You probably talking about user folders, but not thinking of any kind of libraries and probably you do not need no behavior but the target.
    That is there and is possible to change. Use it if you want change files location.

5. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    #5 JBenal, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    (OP)
    I right clicked on libraries and then Restore default libraries. This caused the libraries (on drive D) to appear in the default libraries. If I save a file in the libraries, they now go to my D drive. I guess my issue is solved.

It seems they changed the format of the properties dialog. It used to look like this:

old.png

Now looks like this:

new.png

6. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    TBQH, libraries have been deprecated a while now since Windows 8/8.1. I used to love libraries, because you can combine multiple folders, but I have stopped using them, preferring local folders instead, because M$ keeps stripping features away from libraries. You'll also notice if you pin a library folder to Quick Access, you won't be able to reorder them.

7. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Problems with Windows 10 RS2 15063 v1703

1. The most annoying: search function appears only partially working at best. For example, press "WIN" key, type in "snipping tool", then snipping tool will appears as normal, but when you click on it, nothing happens; Or even worse, when type in "Outlook" or "Powerpoint" etc, the Office components won't even appear.

2. When try to set "Application Identity" service to "Automatic", even when with local Admin privilege, always get "Access denied" error message. This is bad because the enforcement of Applocker depends on AppID service.

Please post the kind of problems you come across on the RS2 rtm build.

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    run sfc /scannow:D

9. krugdenis

krugdenis MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    [FONT=&quot]Hi, I've DISM Error 0x800f081f (even when using /source e.g. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:[/FONT]D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess[FONT=&quot]) (99.1%) on Windows 10 Pro RS2 b15063 (upgraded on PC from WU and clean-installed on Laptop from ESD->ISO). SFC /scannow runs fine. What's wrong with RTM?[/FONT]

10. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    These same problems happen on 5 different computers that I own, all the way from high end desktop to 5 year old laptop.

PS C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    xbox app does not work any more !
    Sound usb 3.1 driver is faulty !
    For the rest I'm happy with the build :D

12. RalfTech

RalfTech MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2017
    The PAINT 3D app is simply trash :( ...
    Open it and try to add text to an image you will see the letters go crazy...
    For the rest it's amazing... :)

13. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Use StartIsBack, works great, the search function is fast and works well, totally worth the $3 bucks and even more.

14. kitsigns

kitsigns MDL Junior Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Not depreciated at all, because programs still use them as default folders. It's just a pain to have to remember to change folder locations for every program you ever use. Plus some programs use the Documents folder without giving you a choice to change the location. Some programs require registry tweaks.

M$ removing this feature had better be an oversight.

15. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    on DISM
    me too Error: 0x800f081f

16. ghoffman

ghoffman MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    generalsu - i've been wanting to do what you suggest.
    could you point to a way to have my C:\users\user\documents (ssd) be a local folder, pointing to D:\documents (slower)?
    thanks in advance

17. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    been like that for a long time on insider builds, go figure

18. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

Aah oke let's wait for the iso's RTM from MSDN then and try again :tea:

19. makisxxx

makisxxx MDL Member

Apr 9, 2008
    I will start hit my head on the wall till the wall falls , when a new RTM Build will be released hahahaha :g::g:

20. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009