Customize Office 2016 installation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by tistou77, Mar 5, 2017.

1. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    Hello

I am using Office 2016 Standard and I would like to know if it is possible to customize the installation, choose the "components" to be installed by a file or other

Currently I customize the components I want to install from the Customize menu in Office (At the beginning of the installation) but there are always traces of components that I have not installed

I tried removing the component folders I did not want to install (in the installation directory) but I have an error

Thanks for your help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Sounds like you are customizing the installation already. Traces? How many bits are we talking about? Is it all that important?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    I like things "clean" and so if I could not have any trace of something I do not install :D

I just installed Excel and Word (and only the French language) and that's all I have as traces

Capture.PNG

4. ratzlefatz

ratzlefatz MDL FUBAR Recon Squad

Sep 1, 2012
    #4 ratzlefatz, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  5. tistou77

tistou77 MDL Expert

Mar 22, 2008
    There is no old Office installation
    These "entry" are not in "uninstall or change a program" but listed in program (which I can see with Aida64, eg or in the registry if I search)

There are xml files for installation in the Office installation directory
    It is not possible to modify them to install just what I want