Creators Update random Freezes

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by endbase, Apr 25, 2017.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I never encountered such a weird behaviour with freezes in my OS It started with the creators update and I have been dealing with it for 1 month now puzzling to find the solution !

It's not the motherboard I have changed 2 day ago to an asus strix rog z270G motherboard and the problem remains. I have tried an clean install and the problem returns after an while. It has to be usb related because when the system freezes and I pull out any usb device on my computer the freeze goes away. I can't see any problems in the windows log files related to that. I have updated everything what has to do with usb drivers If any body could help me out here maybe I overlook something it will be much appreciated !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Well, it is quite clear that the problem is not on your computer or op system, but the problem is a USB Drive or USB drivers, controllers or configuration.

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah you are right I have just removed my msi star usb3 controller card from my system just to be sure. Don't know yet if it solves the problem because the freezes happens so randomly sometimes only once a day so hard to test !

@lobo11 No problems on the drivers everything is updated

5. Mr Been

Mr Been MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I've the same problem (system freezes) since I installed Windows 10. I too have added an ASROCK USB 3.1 controller card and I think since then I have this problem. To be able to work with no freezes I uninstalled WIN10 and reinstalled WIN8.1 UPD3 which works with NO FREEZES. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-CF. I'll now uninstall this ASROCK card and add it to my backup-computer with WIN10 installed (motherboard : Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3) to see if this system freezes too?

I'll stay tuned.

Good luck

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah something is fishy with this build and 3.1 usb controllers. I have an asus mobo with asmedia chipset usb 3.1 controller.

7. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    There, I fixed that for you.

8. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    That is the definition when you opt for windows as a service. The user provides the service of beta testing bugs for M$. It is not the other way around and M$ is providing a service. That is also why most that require a stable system without months of instability issues to trouble shoot opt for LTSB. It's simple; the OS is a background process that runs the programs you need to be productive, that's it, upgrading something that works to trouble shoot something that does not is not in the cards for all. An OS is a bit more work to install and get up and running compared to testing a new graphics card driver that turns out will not run your OC.

Regards