Creating your own Context Meny entries/options?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Apr 18, 2017.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I want to create my own entries/options for opening files. For example, I really like NSUdo as it can run .exe files as System and as Trusted Installer, but it does not come with a context meny option, so I can't just right-click and select "Run with NSudo". Can I create an entry/option like that? How?

I just want "Run with NSudo" to open up NSudo and then I can manually select the needed .exe. I think a method that would launch NSudo and automatically select the desireable .exe (within NSudo) would be overly complicated.

Note: When selecting "Run with NSudo" from context menu, I want NSudo to start with Administrative priverlages/permissions (same as manually right-clicking on NSudo.exe and selecting "Run as Administrator").

2. bebj1957

bebj1957 MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2017
    #2 bebj1957, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I do not know where you put your NSudo folder, so you will need to edit what is below to reflect your path. There is a NSudo.bat file, and you will need to edit it to reflect where the NSudo.exe is.
    Code:
    @echo off
    IF %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%==AMD64 start "" "H:\Portable_Files\NSudo 4.0\x64\NSudo.exe" && exit
    start "" "%cd%\Win32\NSudo.exe" && exit
    As you can see I edited the path for the AMD64 line. If you do not do this it won't know where to look. You also need to edit your registry. Also change the path in it to your NSudo.bat file.
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Run With Nsudo]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Run With Nsudo\Command]
    @="\"H:\\Portable_Files\\NSudo 4.0\\NSudo.bat\" %1"
    Now when you right click you will get Run With Nsudo. You can change this to whatever you want in the regedit file if you so desire. When you right-click on a file or whatever you can start Nsudo, and then browse to whichever file you want to open with it.

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wwanky

wwanky MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    Look at FileMenu Tools , can create your own commands and has run as admin option.

5. Polo6RGTI

Polo6RGTI MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Since Windows 8 was released I have being steadily "growing" the context menu I use in all my Windows installations.
    Screenshot (1).png

6. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Holy crap! That is BEAUTIFUL! Can you share, please? Do you have an All-in-One file that adds all that? I don't have certain things and have others, so I know I will need to edit it, but a lot of things are the same!

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    :eek: A lot of time and effort has been put into that, categories, icons etc. Well done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Polo6RGTI

Polo6RGTI MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Thanks.

Please note the context menu registry code is posted as is and for the use as a reference only. Ensure a registry backup is made before merging any part of the code.

I have customised the context menu for the specific software I use and for the way I use my computers.

The only entry I'm currently having trouble with to get working is "Print Management".

Attached Files: