Best way to activate Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by nima1024, Jul 4, 2014.

1. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    #21 windsman, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Yes with AntiWPA3 scriptcommand.

LOL:eek: oups sorry i'm crazy i read WPA and you said WGA so WGAfixer.exe disable-it

windsman.

2. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #22 CaptainKirk1966, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I have done similar, but recall adding an entry for mpa.one.microsoft.com to the hosts file ...

3. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    only old versions of antiwpa (v1.x & v2.x) cracked winlogon.exe but not the 3.x versions

but best method for activating XP is the OEM SLP method

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    There are torrents for XP Pro x86 w/SP3, genuine and permanently activated. I tested four of them last week and they work. I don't know how they do it (and it seems to take a long time) but they pass WGA. Latest update was a week ago (15th) for the 'malicious software removal tool'. They do not have sata drivers, so you will need nLite or another tool to integrate them.

OT - You can install on a 10gb partition. After installing the approx. 160 updates, there is still 6gb free. Disgusting. :)

5. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Windows XP Pro VL edition doesn't need activation. There are plenty VL ISOs out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mrBartlomiej

mrBartlomiej MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    I would second SOCRATE_MMXII's answer above.

I found that a Volume version of XP Professional works quite well. I never had any activation issues, and actually I'm not sure if it even *tries* to activate online in the first place. Zero issues and no messy patching etc. I tried this on multiple VM setups, with and without Internet access enabled and I don't think there was ever an issue with licensing tht I noticed.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most of those keys are from msdn subscribers and/or illegally obtained, msft has pulled vl keys regularly in the past, maybe those who still work will keep on working.

8. Appzalien

Appzalien MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2011
    OEM SLP method seems kinda vauge to me

I'm planning on installing XP on some older machines I have in the basement. They will be strictly offline and I'm concerned they will not get activated unless online. I've looked over the OEM SLP page for activating XP and it seems to be quite vague in its instructions. Like "Compare the OEMBIOS.CAT CRC value" why would a non OEM XP disc install an OEMBIOS.CAT CRC value? Then it says "download the appropriate OEMBIOS file set" OK! then what. Doesn't anyone here post concise instructions for using these tools? Will my non OEM XP Home actually have an OEMBIOS.cat in it? If so and I do download the correct one for the OS I have installed, what do I do with it. I own XP Home and it came with a serial, as well as an XP Pro VL I aquired with a valid key. From what I've read, the VL OS would be OK offline but not the Home version. I'd hate to put the Home version on the shelf and use only the Pro VL but will if I have to. I switched to VL Pro because back then every time I reinstalled Home they made me do the 50 digits over the phone and another 50 from them to get the activation back. What a pain. I really miss the days of Win 98se when I was installing on 4 machines with no internet connection with one serial.