BEST AV in your OP

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by solidblaze, Dec 25, 2016.

1. solidblaze

solidblaze MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2016
    Hello- i would like to hear everybody's Choose. and why
    on Enterprise:eek: and home-

2. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    I use AVG Internet Security 2016 so good so far :tea:

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Malwarebytes 3.0 current Premium and Windows Defender.
    Simply nothing more not needed never and this combination works very well.
    Of course it is very good if the mother-in-law also controls always everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #6 Jari, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    Windows Defender here, for both, Pro/Home and Enterprise. I have used AVG, Avast, Panda earlier, but Defender is doing a job without spamming me or adding any rubbish bloat for my antivirus program. I am still using Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner (just bought by Malwarebytes) for scanning from time to time. Adwcleaner is great little program, but often undervalued one.

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Except for your mother-in-law, I toally agree. (Could you at least publish a picture???)

As far as I can tell:

NO paid for AV offers more protection than a free one.
    NO AV, paid or free, offers any protection against new viruses, zero-day-exploits.

Best AV actually is using your brains.... and maybe kaljukass' mother-in-law, depending on the picture.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  8. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    sure they do, paid AVs like NOD32 have built in PUP detection which a traditional AV won't catch, heuristics, behavioral scanning, HTTPS scanning, etc.

don't post such vague statements and FUD if you have no idea what you're talking about!

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most mainstream AV's have the same options, all have heuristic (=behaves/looks like) scanning...

10. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    all antivirus is crap,imho.
    i suspect if there were no virusses in this world, the av-companies would have to pay
    crooks to invent some.
    antivirus seems to be a multi-million dollar industry nowadays.
    i use only mse. and occasionally online scanners.i use bitdefender anti-ransomeware too.
    mse is the only thing that ever found something, for as long as i can remember.
    it is free, unobstrusive and it is a good solution.
    i only recently uninstalled malwarebytes 3.0 , because you can now only have a trial version for a few days,
    and it became a pain in the neck. asking for money and not catching anything.
    i don`t need online scanning, apart from mse.it was useful to me, for offline scanning only.
    every other scanner i tried started bloating about paying for it, and failed to find anything.
    what i do find a useful free program is winpatrol. the moment a program tries to write in startup,
    you get a warning, and you can block it. it saved me a load of trouble, at times.
    that`s all, folks, and i never yet paid for anything.
    i suggest you stick to your mother in law. she is free too.[ or use linux instead of windose,but not ubuntu.]
    she would probably close this thread in two seconds flat.

11. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    As I have no mother-in-law, I use AVIRA, clearly an all-round better alternative.

12. markokk888

markokk888 MDL Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    COMODO Internet Security have everything including firewall, sandbox and other shields, real time scan mechanic..
    And it's FREE!
    Yeah and yup i have to admit sometimes you have to kick this antivirus ass and manual set up everything and tweak it..
    its not like other antiviruses you install and all done, no! you have to go inside around and sometimes jump between that... but after you done tweaking everything.. it's very cool and secure antivirus, have more powerful tools than any other free solution out there..

But if your wanting to spend some bucks go for Norton Internet Security best out there and more!..

13. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Home - 360 Total Security Essential with Bitdefender engine active.
    If looking for performance, then the new Bitdefender Free Beta.
    As for enterprise then definitely ESET due to no false alarms.

14. JCZ-45

JCZ-45 MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2016
    I vote for Kaspersky Internet Security. It works great and does not interfere with Windows Updates (or any other updates in my experience).

I have tried Avast, Comodo, Zone Alarm, MSE, Windows Defender and none have performed as well as Kaspersky.

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm the best is NONE AV :p at least for me all AV is crap only craaap:D

16. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Brain + Malwarebytes + Defender.