Ask the next person a question

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Tarwin

Tarwin MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2014
    As long as you need it to be.

Have you switched to HEVC?

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Nope...That'd be Me. :D

You're walking down a road when you come to a fork in the road. One path leads to the land of Truth; the other to the land of Lies.
    There's a man standing there. You'd like to ask him for directions, but you don't know which town he's from.

So My question is:

What question would you ask this man which would lead you to the land of truth?

:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. green[mile]

green[mile] MDL Novice

May 20, 2014

"If I were to ask you which path leads to the land of Truth, what would your answer be?"

One from the land of Truth will always answer with the truth. One from the land of Lies would be forced to lie about their lie, which results in the truth.

I end the game. I have no question. "Green, you bastard!"

4. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    #144 rayleigh_otter, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    :tooth:

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    nothing. that does not mean that they give away free dumbphones in holland; just that i am not dumb enough to use one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Boris Livon

Boris Livon MDL Junior Member

Dec 7, 2022
    #146 Boris Livon, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022

I would ask: “What has it got in its pocketses?” (Imagine Gollum’s voice here)

Whatever he replies, I would then use aggression and search his pockets to find out if he was lying or speaking the truth. Afterwards, guarding the way back, I would check which way he was fleeing in. At that moment I will know where I want to go as well.

Or (classical answer) I would place down a signpost with two signs, but nothing on them. I would then ask the man: “If this signpost gave opposite directions to your own directions, what would this sign say?”

If the man were lying about the road to the land of truth and would tell me it was the way to the land of lies, the sign would show the land of truth. But the man will lie, so he will tell me the sign says: land of lies.

If the man were telling the truth about the road to the land of truth and would tell me it was the way to the land of truth, the sign would show the land of lies. As the man will tell the truth, he will tell me the sign says: land of lies.

If the man were lying about the road to the land of lies and would tell me it was the way to the land of truth, the sign would show the land of lies. But the man will lie, so he will tell me the sign says: land of truth.

If the man were telling the truth about the road to the land of lies and would tell me it was the way to the land of lies, the sign would show the land of truth. As the man will tell the truth, he will tell me the sign says: land of truth.

Now all I have to do is follow the path I wish to take. The answer of the man is always opposite to the land the road really leads to.

Now I’m told to ask a question, ehhm…

Did you ever play games on the commodore 64 and if yes: what was your favorite game?

7. Jimmy.m

Jimmy.m MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2023
    What's your first love name?

8. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    A hillbilly went hunting one day in West Virginia and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home where he was confronted by an ornery game warden who didn’t like hillbillies. The game warden ordered the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid West Virginia hunting license. The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, “This duck ain’t from West Virginia. This is a Kentucky duck. You got a Kentuckey huntin’ license, boy?” The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kentucky hunting license.
    The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said, “This ain’t no Kentucky duck. These ducks are from Tennessee. You got a Tennessee license?”
    The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Tennessee license. The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said "This ain’t no Tennessee duck. This here ducks from Virginia. You got Virginia. huntin’ license?”
    Again, the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out Virginia. hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly “Just where the hell are you from?
    “The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said “You tell me, you’re the expert!!”

9. Boris Livon

Dec 7, 2022
    I’m thinking you put this joke in the wrong forum thread :)

10. Boris Livon

Dec 7, 2022
    You forgot to answer my question, though.

11. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    yep i did i was asleep at the wheel again sorry

12. Boris Livon

Dec 7, 2022
    Apology accepted ;-)

13. Jingzin

Jingzin MDL Senior Member

Nov 10, 2021
    and wheres the question ?