Any write ups or guides on tweaking 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by RektM8, Mar 20, 2017.

1. RektM8

RektM8 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2015
    I had heard about "Windows 9" from a LinusTechTips video, and went on the hunt for the modified distribution mentioned; I don't like using modified ISOs since the person packaging it can do anything they want and swear up and down it's just got beneficial software inside, deviously hiding any RATs or other malicious content.

I have obtained a Win 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro iso that is from MS, but as it stands, I can find no real information on what to do with an install of this version of Windows, to make it usable.

From what I gathered from the change log for "Windows 9", the person running the project was bundling basic software like Chrome with addons and Windows updates; I'd like to be able to update/install software for my copy as you can an install of a consumer version of Win8, I'd also like to be able to tweak the appearance back to classic Windows rather than the new, awful UI design introduced with Win8.

Overall my intention for this is to have a more recent version of Windows that doesn't have all the tracking and constant mandatory or difficult to disable connectivity that comes packed with standard Win8/10, something that would be a good successor to Win7Pro.

So with that said, does anyone know of a write up, list of changes, etc, to turn this version into something resembling what I described?

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    That won't be necessary Tiger. I can help this guy out ;)

I would look into doing sysprepping to capture the image so that you can do your own thing. Another option is to apply these changes on the go with scripting with a bit more difficulty. I can help you here because we can use Classic Shell to get it back to the classic form you are looking for. Now as for the tracking stuff that will be more difficult as you'll have to shutdown services and such but there is another forum area for that here.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Smorgan yep I hope that your can help this dude, but I think that only Classic Shell NO solve what he want then I continue with my first post: user need search around for example if he no make use of uwp then simply use MSMG Toolkit v6.9 and so on maybe he need is are more clear in your desires and for tracking stuff is another thing in my modest opinion user need learn in parts no try make all things in only time I'm sure that he don't reach success because this version have several things differents than other versions of Windows 8.1 I'm sure because myself make use of Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...